Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    scrappinbella is offline *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Lead Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Noooooo! That moment when you've been working on a layout for an hour without sav

Quote Originally Posted by gethane View Post
    And *poof* somehow you close the program and it doesn't ask you to save! I still don't know how it happened!
    ahh yes it has happened a few times to me(my fault)...but thankfully i can replicate it rather quickly since the hard stuff was done before i lost it..just try to remember what you did and...bingo! ..your lo will come together again(now i am paranoid about saving and making sure my battery does not run out before I do..lol)
    once burned ..twice shy..lol...also i write my journaling as a draft first...(juuuust in case)
    Last edited by scrappinbella; 07-14-2013 at 03:17 PM.

2. Likes gethane liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Noooooo! That moment when you've been working on a layout for an hour without sav

Ohhh, I've been there....in so many ways.
    Sometimes it is a computer crash, sometimes the power goes out and sometimes it is my grandson that pushes the power button and says ooooooo...

Search your drive, and hope it is there somehow. Maybe a restore will work.

I do a save as soon as I start a LO and then try to ctrl/s often...yet it happens and it stinks.

All the best.
    m
    Michelle

4. Likes gethane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I CTRL-S often too, command (the key that looks like a splat)-s on a Mac is the same thing, but it seems the most common time for a program to crash on me is while saving. Of course, it doesn't save when it crashes! But I keep in mind that a cup of coffee can spill on a paper layout too. That's the same effect except you have to BUY new everything!

I have a cup that my hubby got me that says "Instant scrapbooker, just add coffee." Yeah, I've spilled coffee on a paper layout before. I went digital and kept the coffee. LOL

6. Likes gethane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by msbrad View Post
    I do a save as soon as I start a LO and then try to ctrl/s often...yet it happens and it stinks.
    Too true! If a layout or change is destined to be done over... sigh

8. Likes gethane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That is the worst!! I happen to share a circuit with the garage, and my brother (who lives with me), ALWAYS popps the circuit! I literally almost cried the other day. It is so frustrating.
    Sometimes a little venting goes a long way! Hope your feeling better today

10. Likes gethane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That is the worst feeling!! But at least restarting the new layout should be pretty quick, you'll know what you really liked about what you were doing before the unfortunate accident and can focus and make fast work of it the restart page.

12. Likes gethane liked this post
    littleradtrio is online now *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Little Rad Trio
    *{Staff} Winner of Survivor-Season 4 *Oz*

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes, I really hate when that happens and yes, I try to save frequently, but sometimes it just isn't frequently enough! LOL!

14. Likes gethane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My posts usually read, " When will I ever learn!"

16. Likes gethane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for the sympathy! I did get the layout done. I liked part of it better, part of it not as much. That's the way the ball bounces I guess!

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes - that just happened yesterday. I was working on a page, took a break and checked my emails and saw an email from our internet provider saying that they had increased our speed so we needed to unplug modem and restart computer. I went to get a coffee, asked my hubs to unplug modem and restart our computers and then later I realized that he had just shut my computer down and PS did not save my page....ugh. So, I had to start from scratch again.

19. Thanks gethane thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast