Post Thanks / Like

Default Choosing a kit for a memorial page

Happy 4th everyone!
    I am stuck. I want to do a layout for the godfather of our children - his father past away suddenly. Father and son liked to run in marathons, go to the Philadelphia sports teams games, and be with family - play games, be silly, go to dinners, etc. Sean (29 years old) is our children's godfather because of his friendship to us but also because of the family values his dad (Al, who passed) instilled in him. I want to do an 8x8 layout and get it framed for Sean, and have a clear glass desk block made out of it as well.

I am looking on recommendations for a kit that would work here....sports, memories, father/son, family values, love...

Thanks everyone - no rush on this. Enjoy your picnicking and 4th of Julying today!
    Beth

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Choosing a kit for a memorial page

I'm saddened to hear of the loss of someone close to you. I can understand where you head is, as I've done special pages that tug at the heart.
    The June buffet jumps out at me at the moment. The palette is masculine and the hues are neutral enough so that other facets of their life together can easily be incorporated [ word art, sports, quotes].
    All the best on this special project.
    m
    Michelle

3. Likes mamaape liked this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

My sympathy to Sean and his family. Al sounds like an amazing man!

I agree with Michi, the June buffet sounds perfect for father and son. Their family will LOVE what you create! What a special gift.

Post Thanks / Like

My sympathy to you and your friend! I am a marathoner as well and Kathy winter has some fantastic running word art. I will look for the link for you.