Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What now?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What now?

Four of my five kids (the four that were currently with us, the 5th was already in Nebraska) left today for Nebraska to visit both sets of grandparents for 5 weeks (18 days each place actually, very equitable). Now, after 6 hours without them, I feel like, "what now?" I was looking forward to their trip. They are going to have a great time. Nebraska for Fourth of July is more fun. Swimming is more fun (because it's hot). But the next few days are going to be an adjustment. Not sure I can scrap with their pictures right now, either. I'm glad I have another 11 years before the youngest leaves for college. I don't think I'm going to like an empty nest. Thanks for listening.

2. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What now?

so sorry hon...it will get a bit better as the days go on. i use to love those days of a break, and then my youngest went to college and graduates this winter and empty nest hit me big time...so spend as much time as possible with them now...and take advantage of the breaks...use them wisely to relax, recharge, and take care of things that are easier to do while they are gone

guess I'm a tad late

4. Thanks gethane thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Jacque! All this time to your self! Relax, take a bath every night! Jeeze just to go potty with out kids banging on the door would be nice

6. Likes trina513, scrapjrlgcp, Jacque liked this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

You can hang with me!

Post Thanks / Like

I totally know what you mean! My kids will be getting on my last nerve... but then the minute they leave I miss them. LOL

9. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! It's nice to read the cheery words. They all made it safely to Nebraska. I always feel better when the plane lands. Having 4 of 5 on the same plane made me nervous. Em, I hope we do get a chance to meetup! It's really too bad we have to find a place and find time to move during our 5 week break!

11. Likes trina513 liked this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

So glad they all made it safely. Can you Skype with them? I'm with Ginger, they drive me crazy, but once they leave....boohoo, I'm so sad! LOL.

You know hubs and I never left spent overnight on a getaway ever since the 3rd was born....much to my hubs dismay. I told him we have all the time to do that when they are grown, have families of their own, or don't want to be around us..lol. Besides, if we ever do go anywhere, I really want the kids with us.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same way..they drive me nuts, but when they are away I missed them and they are all I can think about!! In fact most of my alone time is going to the store and it always seems I am trying to buy something for them or fine something they would like

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Gethane {Hugs!} I'm sure once you start hearing the stories of all the fun stuff they're doing, you'll feel better Skype will be fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow! Once you settle in to the quiet you'll have a great time tho I'm sure!! If only we didn't have swimming lessons this week - Id be able to leave my oldest three at my parents for a few days LOL
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast