Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm Jan and I'm from Alberta

I'm a bit of a slacker with forum posts lately... Seems I have my fingers in too many pies and need to become a little more discerning.

Where do I start? I wear a LOT of different hats, sometimes more than one at a time. I'm a mom - my kids are all adults now although my youngest is developmentally challenged and lives at home with his dad and me. I'm also Mommy to a 12 year old cocker spaniel named Bailey whose little face makes regular appearances on my layouts. I hope to be a grandmother one of these days so that I have a new topic to scrap about.

I'm a registered nurse working in a high-acuity pediatric ICU where I am usually in charge of the unit or else training new staff members. I just recently became a Certified Nurse Critical Care Pediatrics (Canada), meaning that I passed a very difficult national exam.

I have lots of hobbies. I've been digiscrapping since the fall of 2010. Before that I dabbled in paper scrapping but it never really grabbed me like digi has. I make cards with all my paper supplies these days. I read voraciously, everything from thrillers to romantic fiction to non-fiction to reference books. I really believe that once I stop learning I'll stop living. I garden. When the weather lets me, that is. I also make jewellery. I'm getting into wirework right now and chain maille, which is a lot harder than it looks. Good thing I can handle pliers in each hand. And I fancy myself as a photographer.

I live in a small city north of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It's a beautiful and welcoming community and I'm really glad we chose it. We have the largest outdoor farmers' market in western Canada that runs Saturdays in the summer. Pretty much everything a family needs is just a short walk away. I just wish the winters were a little shorter and the summers a little warmer.

I'm off now to check out the rest of the forum. Be seeing you around!!

2. Likes emscraps, trina513, Ricki liked this post
    Ricki is online now *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'm Jan and I'm from Alberta

Hi Jan and welcome!
    What an awesome introduction, looking forward to seeing you with us .

Angelclaud Artroom, Seatrout Scraps, GingerScrapsAdTeam, Snickerdoodle Designs, & Bright Ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jan! Gosh you are BUSY! I love all your hobbies! Welcome to GS!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Jan!! thanks for the great introduction - love all the hats you wear Cant wait to get to know you more!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

hI Jan!! What a wonderful introduction, I kept ooohhing and ahhhing over all your hobbies! You are a busy bee, but that is awesome!!

So happy to have you here at Gingerscraps and can't wait to see your super layouts!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: I'm Jan and I'm from Alberta

Welcome to GS, Jan, it is good to have you here, make yourself at home!

Reading your post it is obvious that you lead a full life, so it is good that you can find time to express yourself artistically through your photography, jewelry crafting, and scrapping. Being a pedriatic nurse must be very fulfilling, although sad at times, but overall helping to nurse children back to health has got to be very rewarding.

Looking forward to seeing some of your photos and layouts soon!

To visit my blog click on signature

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to GingerScraps Jan .... you are one busy woman! We lived in Alberta for a few years back in the 70's. Loved it and have been back once for a short vacation. Would love to visit the west again some time. Enjoy your stay here.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jan!! Welcome to GS, I really enjoyed reading about you and I look forward to getting to know you better!! This is such a friendly community, I know you'll feel welcomed and at home here!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jan. Welcome to GingerScraps. Love your introduction.

Can't wait to see some of your layouts with your adorable puppy!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome, Jan! You are a super woman! We're always glad to have new peeps here
    xoxo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast