I'm a bit of a slacker with forum posts lately... Seems I have my fingers in too many pies and need to become a little more discerning.

Where do I start? I wear a LOT of different hats, sometimes more than one at a time. I'm a mom - my kids are all adults now although my youngest is developmentally challenged and lives at home with his dad and me. I'm also Mommy to a 12 year old cocker spaniel named Bailey whose little face makes regular appearances on my layouts. I hope to be a grandmother one of these days so that I have a new topic to scrap about.

I'm a registered nurse working in a high-acuity pediatric ICU where I am usually in charge of the unit or else training new staff members. I just recently became a Certified Nurse Critical Care Pediatrics (Canada), meaning that I passed a very difficult national exam.

I have lots of hobbies. I've been digiscrapping since the fall of 2010. Before that I dabbled in paper scrapping but it never really grabbed me like digi has. I make cards with all my paper supplies these days. I read voraciously, everything from thrillers to romantic fiction to non-fiction to reference books. I really believe that once I stop learning I'll stop living. I garden. When the weather lets me, that is. I also make jewellery. I'm getting into wirework right now and chain maille, which is a lot harder than it looks. Good thing I can handle pliers in each hand. And I fancy myself as a photographer.

I live in a small city north of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It's a beautiful and welcoming community and I'm really glad we chose it. We have the largest outdoor farmers' market in western Canada that runs Saturdays in the summer. Pretty much everything a family needs is just a short walk away. I just wish the winters were a little shorter and the summers a little warmer.

I'm off now to check out the rest of the forum. Be seeing you around!!