Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just a little sad

I feel horrible but I just need to say this somewhere.
    I am 27, without a job at the moment and single. Lately, all of my real and online friends seems to be getting married and popping out babies. Today a facebook friend posted a photo of her being 7 months pregnant.
    I am super excited and happy for her. But wow, this stuff is bringing me down! I know it's just the combination of me experiencing my low points in life and they're being in their highs. But pff.. I guess I just need some hugs or something. Sorry for whining.

2. Dislikes violamoni disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Just a little sad

4. Thanks berniek thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

hugs to you, Berniek!

I think you must focalize yourself on the other face of the coin (did you see the movie "Silver Linings Playbook"? You MUST watch it!): you don't have a job, so you can travel and get tan; you don't have a baby so you can stay out all night long ;)

Personally I don't have a job in "the real life", I have only male friends, I haven't any babies and I can't get tan (I'm really pale...lol).
    BUT: I have a "online job" that I LOVE, I love my male friends and I usually go dancing every week without any babies...lol!

Just to say you: look at the bright side!

6. Thanks berniek thanked for this post
    Likes Angelclaud, dillydoodles liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Awww.... I'm virtually giving you a hug Berniek. When I was in my late twenties I began going through fertility treatments and as the years went by all my friends and younger siblings were having their first and second babies. Every month that went by just seemed like one heart-ache after another to me. Twenty-seven is still so very young. Your maternal instincts are kicking in when you see those baby photos. I ended up buying a puppy, lol. So sorry about the lack of employment and how sad you are. The sun will shine again.

8. Thanks berniek thanked for this post
    Likes violamoni liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Also seems like all my friends are having kids (I'm 26), but I really see it as a blessing on my part that I'm NOT. Same goes for when they were all getting married when I was 24ish. I can concern myself with me, be greedy with my time and spend my money on me without having to worry about diapers and pediatrician visits and the like. I love children, but since we're close to the same age I feel confident in telling you that you've got plenty of time for that stuff later. Just imagine all the 20something married moms who feel trapped and weighed down by the commitments of married life and family life and envy your position!

I myself am in a relationship but not married and in no rush in the least. Sure, when you see you friends all dressed in white you might get a little wistful, but I am enjoying being able to do things because I want to without asking someone else if I can or having to go over things I want to buy with my husband because I can't spend money without him knowing about it--UGH! I mean, we're under our parents' thumbs for the first 18 years of life--shouldn't we get some free time to do our own thing??

As for the job, I know that's rough. My boyfriend was unemployed for almost two years when everything tanked. It was difficult especially since he lived alone with no familial support, but he made it through with the help of group studies and temp agencies. Luckily, that will pass, which I'm know you know. If you ever want an unmarried, childless, closely-aged person to gab with about non-wedding, non-baby shower-related things, PM me and we'll talk about scrapping and how nice it is to not have lactation spots on our shirts.

10. Thanks berniek thanked for this post
    Likes Angelclaud, violamoni liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ambelleina View Post
    [...] we'll talk about scrapping and how nice it is to not have lactation spots on our shirts. [...]
    Oh I forgot THAT bright side!!!!

12. Thanks berniek thanked for this post
    Likes trina513, Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

((HUGE HUGS)) Just remember that life is all about ebb & flow, it will be your turn to have the highs very soon

14. Thanks berniek thanked for this post
    Likes violamoni, dillydoodles liked this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Big {{HUGS}} Berniek! Life is like a circle, just when you are feeling the lows, that is when things start to pick up. Like Monica said, party all night! I sometimes reminisce about the days when I was single, going on dates every week...LOL...with them paying! HA! Now, even when DH and I go on dates and he pays, it's still OUR money..LOL.

As for a job, you are such a creative person, your layouts are amazing!! Have you thought of entering them on publications? I don't know how it works now, but I remember magazines such as Creating Keepsakes used to pay for layotus. (Is that mag still around?)

16. Thanks berniek thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Berniek! I know it must be hard for you and you might think/feel you are ready to have a family. Look at the bright side of not having a family yet...having a baby/family is a BIG commitment and you life change completely, enjoy your time now and be patient. Your time will come when you less expecting it

Store | Blog | Newsletter | Facebook | Twitter

18. Thanks berniek thanked for this post
    Ricki is online now *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

A hug for you Berniek!

AngelclaudArtroom, SeatroutScraps, GingerScrapsAdTeam, SnickerdoodleDesigns, & Bright Ideas.

20. Thanks berniek thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast