Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    missdamsel is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Enjoying your summer break??

Geez, I have been too busy to even see this thread! Our summer started with a trip to MS (Me, four 16 year old girls and a puppy) which included 7 days in a cottage at the lake, a day trip out to Ship Island, a day at the water park, a day at the New Orleans Zoo and a first birthday party!!). Was home for a day or two then my daughter and her family arrived for a weekend. THEN we were surprised with an over night visit from my friend and her family of 10! And the next day I shipped Rachel off to Texas for almost 6 weeks! Now the quiet begins....aww the sounds of silence!

And as wonderful as that sounds, we are getting ready to have my mom here for two months while she gets both knees replaced!

2. Likes Neverland Scraps liked this post
    trina513 is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

I've been crazy busy too! I'm trying to keep my head above water! LOL! School was out, 2 days later we went to my BILs for 3 days, home for 1.5 days, over to my parents for 4 days, home 3 hours, camping for 3 days, now home for 4 days to do laundry, find my house (its trashed) and leave again to my parents for my sister being in from CO and 2 birthday parties and a bridal shower (all thrown by me!) wish me luck!! If i'm lucky I'll get a chance to scrap!!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Colleen is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

You have been busy! There should be a trip to CA somewhere in there! ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by trina513 View Post
    I've been crazy busy too! I'm trying to keep my head above water! LOL! School was out, 2 days later we went to my BILs for 3 days, home for 1.5 days, over to my parents for 4 days, home 3 hours, camping for 3 days, now home for 4 days to do laundry, find my house (its trashed) and leave again to my parents for my sister being in from CO and 2 birthday parties and a bridal shower (all thrown by me!) wish me luck!! If i'm lucky I'll get a chance to scrap!!

5. Likes Sarah liked this post
    trina513 is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    You have been busy! There should be a trip to CA somewhere in there! ;)
    Busy and anywhere but home it feels like! Then my daughter guilt trips me by saying I'm on the computer all day Even tho I'm not (and wish I could be some days) but still! Why'd she have to go and say that!

I wish a trip to CA is in there - but hopefully we still get to see each other that entire weekend in August!! You're penciled in the schedule but I haven't reserved our spot yet - I need to do that!!

Ok - I'm exhausted - did a few things on the computer (after the kids went to bed and I got my run in!) Now just wish I wasn't so tired that I could stay up to scrap some!! I hope Isaac sleeps better and doesn't think 5:30 is a good time to wake up all the time - that's less than 6 hours from now! EEK! Off to bed! Hopefully I'll be around some tomorrow
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

We have been on the go for a long time--probably since the baby has been born!! LOL

We just got back from 2.5 weeks in PA. I went to a homeschool convention, getting ready for the upcoming school year. We bought season passes to Dorney Park, an amusement park, where we have gone six times already. It was busy this past time in PA, but we'll be back there in two weeks for another three weeks!!

This weekend we leave for Michigan to visit with his family and introduce them to the baby. They are having a family reunion at Mackinac Island, which I am super excited about. The girls went there for the first time a couple years ago, but Dh and I honeymooned there many years ago. Its a special place to our family and an added perk that the IL's own a condo there!

I know we will be busy clear until August and then in August we have a military function, my daughter's birthday and a few other things, but mostly we'll be home after that--hopefully!! We are busy and have been busy for a while.
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kl.winters View Post
    With gas prices up toward $4.29 a gallon here in Michigan, we're stick close to home.
    oh yuck, we are heading to Mi this weekend. Don't tell me that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieH View Post
    Was going to go spend a few days with Missi, but I ended up scheduling some Dr. appts for that week.
    Sorry you weren't able to visit with Missi. That would have been a lot of fun

My vacation isn't until September (my 25th Anniversary) cruise. Hoping that things slow down a bit for summer though and I can enjoy some downtime in the evenings.
    Now that sounds like a lot of fun!! I can't wait to hear all about it!! Where are you going for your cruise? My parents just got back from their Alaska cruise and I was excited going through their photos and hearing their stories!!

Quote Originally Posted by mamaape View Post
    Well... We just moved into our very first house so the weeks leading up to, during and now the week after trying to unpack and all that, has been super duper crazy busy, exhausting, all around time consuming. Not to mention I'll have another little one by the end of next month, EEEP!

So I don't know that this summer is going to be "slow" for us, heh, with the new home, birthday parties (a lot of family has summer birthdays), new baby, out of town guests and the like I don't think I'll sleep until next year!
    Oh wow! I do not know how you did it---moving while pregnant, especially that close to delivering! Bless your heart for doing all that while pregnant. I hope you are able to get some sleep/rest before the baby comes next month!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3BluEYedBabies View Post
    Anyone in PA know of any fun & inexpensive day trips...with kids ages 9, 6, and 3??
    Touring Philadelphia, Gettysburg, Lancaster, Harrisburg---I guess it depends on WHERE in PA you are looking. I love going out to Lancaster, especially Shady Maple. When my IL's visited, they spent the day out in Gettysburg. Another place is visiting Hershey--we did that when DH enlisted at MEPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    We usually spend our summer vacay camping but since I've gone from working 3 hours a day to full-time this year we are spoiling ourselves with a trip to Hawaii in July. I need to take six months of photos to make up for being MIA around here!
    That's so awesome!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip. Our neighbors were stationed in Hawaii for many years and I love listening to them talk of the island life. I told DH that's where I want him to try for when he re-enlists later this year, that or England!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambelleina View Post
    Oh oh oh oh, I am doing a guest CT run--my first time ever doing CT duties--this July for my #1 all-time favorite designer and I am soooo bloody excited!!!

Like seriously, my birthday is in July and I'm counting this guest CT stint as my birthday gift. ^_^
    That's so awesome!! Im so excited for you!! Oh and happy early birthday because I know I'll forget when July rolls around!!

Quote Originally Posted by msbrad View Post
    The end of the school year was very hectic. We ended June 7 and an hour after getting home, we left for the airport for an inpromptu family reunion in New Orleans. Came home Monday - edited all the pics I took, watched the grand baby Tuesday, attended a retirement party and today....well I just arrived home from a massage!
    Now to scrap a bit.

We have vacation plans Mid July - - going to Key West for a week.
    m
    When are you coming back to the DC area so we can visit?! I'd love to meet-up with one of my favorite digi people!!

Quote Originally Posted by christinap View Post
    I'm sure my boys would be happy to play Minecraft and Plants vs Zombies all summer.
    And there is something wrong with this. . . . . .?
    Quote Originally Posted by gethane View Post
    Unfortunately, we found out the owners of our rental want to sell so we will be spending at least part of that time moving .
    Good luck finding a new place. I hope it will be quick and pain-free!!

Quote Originally Posted by trina513 View Post
    You SOUND busy!!! I don't know how you are keeping sane!
    You know my name

9. Likes trina513, emscraps liked this post
    StephanieH is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
    Sorry you weren't able to visit with Missi. That would have been a lot of fun
    We have tentatively scheduled something over Christmas break.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
    Now that sounds like a lot of fun!! I can't wait to hear all about it!! Where are you going for your cruise? My parents just got back from their Alaska cruise and I was excited going through their photos and hearing their stories!!
    We are sailing out of San Juan, PR and going to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and St. Maarten. Very port intensive, but all places we want to go and may not get back to again. We're also flying into San Juan two days early to enjoy the city.

11. Likes Neverland Scraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

We have tentatively scheduled something over Christmas break.

We are sailing out of San Juan, PR and going to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and St. Maarten. Very port intensive, but all places we want to go and may not get back to again. We're also flying into San Juan two days early to enjoy the city.
    That's awesome that you might be able to meet up over Christmas!!!

I really cannot wait to hear about your cruise and see photos!! It sounds like a lot of fun. I have a friend who used to live in St. Maarten and loved looking at her photos that she would post, especially during the winter months when we were freezing cold!!
    You know my name

Post Thanks / Like

Have planed to do water rafting with friends and travel around.

Post Thanks / Like

Between T-Ball and swim lessons, June has been a blur. I am hoping we can slow down and take at least a small trip sometime in July. My kids start school on August 12!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast