Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Enjoying your summer break??

It sure is quiet around the chatter forum! How's everyone doing?

Are you doing anything exciting for your summer vacation?

2. Likes emscraps, dillydoodles liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Enjoying your summer break??

With school out and summer vacation in full swing, apparently people are out having fun because it has been pretty quiet around here lately. I wish I could say we have some fun plans for the summer but we don't. With gas prices up toward $4.29 a gallon here in Michigan, we're stick close to home. Only exciting thing on my agenda the next couple of weeks is a garage sale. Yucky! It has to be done though. Been storing stuff since we moved the last time, which was 8 years ago so it's time to let it go and purge the stuff we aren't using or have space for anymore.
    My Store

4. Likes emscraps, dillydoodles liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh! Kathy that gas price is awful!!
    We don't have any major plans either, but we will for sure do a few camping trips
    We stay pretty close to home, because I'm not a very comfortable driver. We always talk about how once my daughter, Isabelle, gets her drivers license we can finally take some road trips. But with gas prices like that we won't get very far! Lol

6. Likes emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ginger and Kathy. Sadly no big plans for us either. My hubby just started a two-month contract yesterday and he will be working 6 days a week until mid-August. The good part is he will be on straight days instead of three rotating shifts, but he won't get any holidays until September ... then after that he goes back to his normal shift (or who knows, he may decide to stay at the other place, lol.) So we'll just squeeze in what we can in the evenings or on Sundays. Exciting huh?

8. Likes Neverland Scraps, emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm still recovering from the busy school year Hopefully I will get my feet back under me in a few more days lol!

We've been on vacation already & are possibly heading to CHA in Vegas in July. That's about the extent of our plans so far!

Post Thanks / Like

The "kids" (at almost 17 and 20 are they really kids?) have slipped into summer sleeping schedule...up most of the night, sleep most of the day. No summer vacay for me, although I do get the week of July 4th off, but hubby doesn't. Was going to go spend a few days with Missi, but I ended up scheduling some Dr. appts for that week.

My vacation isn't until September (my 25th Anniversary) cruise. Hoping that things slow down a bit for summer though and I can enjoy some downtime in the evenings.

Post Thanks / Like

We are just getting started with summer but in a fun way. One of our friends from Colorado and her family are here visiting for a week. The best part, she's also a digi scrapper so I have someone to chat with while I scrap

emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in recovery mode!! May was just super crazy getting things together for graduation, I'm also on the design committee for the school's 50th Anniversary (I made the Save the Date cards..woohoo..LOL), and we just got back from a Disney trip with about 10 families from Jordan's 8th grade class.

Now, two of our nieces are here for 3 weeks....our house...party of 7! YIKES! At least they can watch the littles while I scrap, LOL!

13. Likes Neverland Scraps, dillydoodles liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well... We just moved into our very first house so the weeks leading up to, during and now the week after trying to unpack and all that, has been super duper crazy busy, exhausting, all around time consuming. Not to mention I'll have another little one by the end of next month, EEEP!

So I don't know that this summer is going to be "slow" for us, heh, with the new home, birthday parties (a lot of family has summer birthdays), new baby, out of town guests and the like I don't think I'll sleep until next year!

Post Thanks / Like

Now summer plans for us. DH will be traveling for work most of the Summer, so it's just me with two little monsters to entertain all day long

Store | Blog | Newsletter | Facebook | Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast