Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Enjoying your summer break??

It sure is quiet around the chatter forum! How's everyone doing?

Are you doing anything exciting for your summer vacation?

2. Likes emscraps, dillydoodles liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Enjoying your summer break??

With school out and summer vacation in full swing, apparently people are out having fun because it has been pretty quiet around here lately. I wish I could say we have some fun plans for the summer but we don't. With gas prices up toward $4.29 a gallon here in Michigan, we're stick close to home. Only exciting thing on my agenda the next couple of weeks is a garage sale. Yucky! It has to be done though. Been storing stuff since we moved the last time, which was 8 years ago so it's time to let it go and purge the stuff we aren't using or have space for anymore.
    My Store

4. Likes emscraps, dillydoodles liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kl.winters View Post
    With gas prices up toward $4.29 a gallon here in Michigan, we're stick close to home.
    oh yuck, we are heading to Mi this weekend. Don't tell me that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieH View Post
    Was going to go spend a few days with Missi, but I ended up scheduling some Dr. appts for that week.
    Sorry you weren't able to visit with Missi. That would have been a lot of fun

My vacation isn't until September (my 25th Anniversary) cruise. Hoping that things slow down a bit for summer though and I can enjoy some downtime in the evenings.
    Now that sounds like a lot of fun!! I can't wait to hear all about it!! Where are you going for your cruise? My parents just got back from their Alaska cruise and I was excited going through their photos and hearing their stories!!

Quote Originally Posted by mamaape View Post
    Well... We just moved into our very first house so the weeks leading up to, during and now the week after trying to unpack and all that, has been super duper crazy busy, exhausting, all around time consuming. Not to mention I'll have another little one by the end of next month, EEEP!

So I don't know that this summer is going to be "slow" for us, heh, with the new home, birthday parties (a lot of family has summer birthdays), new baby, out of town guests and the like I don't think I'll sleep until next year!
    Oh wow! I do not know how you did it---moving while pregnant, especially that close to delivering! Bless your heart for doing all that while pregnant. I hope you are able to get some sleep/rest before the baby comes next month!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3BluEYedBabies View Post
    Anyone in PA know of any fun & inexpensive day trips...with kids ages 9, 6, and 3??
    Touring Philadelphia, Gettysburg, Lancaster, Harrisburg---I guess it depends on WHERE in PA you are looking. I love going out to Lancaster, especially Shady Maple. When my IL's visited, they spent the day out in Gettysburg. Another place is visiting Hershey--we did that when DH enlisted at MEPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    We usually spend our summer vacay camping but since I've gone from working 3 hours a day to full-time this year we are spoiling ourselves with a trip to Hawaii in July. I need to take six months of photos to make up for being MIA around here!
    That's so awesome!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip. Our neighbors were stationed in Hawaii for many years and I love listening to them talk of the island life. I told DH that's where I want him to try for when he re-enlists later this year, that or England!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambelleina View Post
    Oh oh oh oh, I am doing a guest CT run--my first time ever doing CT duties--this July for my #1 all-time favorite designer and I am soooo bloody excited!!!

Like seriously, my birthday is in July and I'm counting this guest CT stint as my birthday gift. ^_^
    That's so awesome!! Im so excited for you!! Oh and happy early birthday because I know I'll forget when July rolls around!!

Quote Originally Posted by msbrad View Post
    The end of the school year was very hectic. We ended June 7 and an hour after getting home, we left for the airport for an inpromptu family reunion in New Orleans. Came home Monday - edited all the pics I took, watched the grand baby Tuesday, attended a retirement party and today....well I just arrived home from a massage!
    Now to scrap a bit.

We have vacation plans Mid July - - going to Key West for a week.
    m
    When are you coming back to the DC area so we can visit?! I'd love to meet-up with one of my favorite digi people!!

Quote Originally Posted by christinap View Post
    I'm sure my boys would be happy to play Minecraft and Plants vs Zombies all summer.
    And there is something wrong with this. . . . . .?
    Quote Originally Posted by gethane View Post
    Unfortunately, we found out the owners of our rental want to sell so we will be spending at least part of that time moving .
    Good luck finding a new place. I hope it will be quick and pain-free!!

Quote Originally Posted by trina513 View Post
    I've been crazy busy too! I'm trying to keep my head above water! LOL! School was out, 2 days later we went to my BILs for 3 days, home for 1.5 days, over to my parents for 4 days, home 3 hours, camping for 3 days, now home for 4 days to do laundry, find my house (its trashed) and leave again to my parents for my sister being in from CO and 2 birthday parties and a bridal shower (all thrown by me!) wish me luck!! If i'm lucky I'll get a chance to scrap!!
    You SOUND busy!!! I don't know how you are keeping sane!
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

6. Likes trina513, emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
    Sorry you weren't able to visit with Missi. That would have been a lot of fun
    We have tentatively scheduled something over Christmas break.

Quote Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
    Now that sounds like a lot of fun!! I can't wait to hear all about it!! Where are you going for your cruise? My parents just got back from their Alaska cruise and I was excited going through their photos and hearing their stories!!
    We are sailing out of San Juan, PR and going to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and St. Maarten. Very port intensive, but all places we want to go and may not get back to again. We're also flying into San Juan two days early to enjoy the city.

8. Likes Neverland Scraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

We have tentatively scheduled something over Christmas break.

We are sailing out of San Juan, PR and going to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, and St. Maarten. Very port intensive, but all places we want to go and may not get back to again. We're also flying into San Juan two days early to enjoy the city.
    That's awesome that you might be able to meet up over Christmas!!!

I really cannot wait to hear about your cruise and see photos!! It sounds like a lot of fun. I have a friend who used to live in St. Maarten and loved looking at her photos that she would post, especially during the winter months when we were freezing cold!!
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh! Kathy that gas price is awful!!
    We don't have any major plans either, but we will for sure do a few camping trips
    We stay pretty close to home, because I'm not a very comfortable driver. We always talk about how once my daughter, Isabelle, gets her drivers license we can finally take some road trips. But with gas prices like that we won't get very far! Lol

11. Likes emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ginger and Kathy. Sadly no big plans for us either. My hubby just started a two-month contract yesterday and he will be working 6 days a week until mid-August. The good part is he will be on straight days instead of three rotating shifts, but he won't get any holidays until September ... then after that he goes back to his normal shift (or who knows, he may decide to stay at the other place, lol.) So we'll just squeeze in what we can in the evenings or on Sundays. Exciting huh?

13. Likes Neverland Scraps, emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think I'm still recovering from the busy school year Hopefully I will get my feet back under me in a few more days lol!

We've been on vacation already & are possibly heading to CHA in Vegas in July. That's about the extent of our plans so far!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by conniep View Post
    We've been on vacation already & are possibly heading to CHA in Vegas in July. That's about the extent of our plans so far!
    You're going to CHA?!? MEGAJEALOUS! I want to go to Tim Holtz' workshop sooo badly!

16. Likes GingerScraps, emscraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The "kids" (at almost 17 and 20 are they really kids?) have slipped into summer sleeping schedule...up most of the night, sleep most of the day. No summer vacay for me, although I do get the week of July 4th off, but hubby doesn't. Was going to go spend a few days with Missi, but I ended up scheduling some Dr. appts for that week.

My vacation isn't until September (my 25th Anniversary) cruise. Hoping that things slow down a bit for summer though and I can enjoy some downtime in the evenings.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast