View Poll Results: June Book Club Poll - Pick Our Next Book!

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Midnight Exposure by Melinda Leigh

2 25.00%
  • Relentless (Shattered Hearts Series) by Cassia Leo

1 12.50%
  • Tomorrow's Sun (Lost Sanctuary) by Becky Melby

1 12.50%
  • Through the Door (The Thin Veil) by Jodi McIsaac

1 12.50%
  • Don't Say A Word by Barbara Freethy

3 37.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default June Book Club Poll - Pick Our Next Book!

Hi All,

Here are some books that I found interesting and thought that they would be a good read for June.

Midnight Exposure by Melinda Leigh
    Point, click, die. When two hikers disappear, their hometown in Maine blames the blinding storms. But the truth is far more sinister. Unaware of the danger, tabloid photographer Jayne Sullivan follows an anonymous tip to find the most reclusive sculptor in the art world. Instead, she finds sexy handyman Reed Kimball—and a small town full of fatal secrets.
    Five years ago, Reed buried his homicide detective career along with his wife. But when a hiker is found dead, the local police chief asks Reed for help. Why was a Celtic coin found under the body? And where is the second hiker? Avoiding the media, Reed doesn’t need a murder, a missing person, or a nosey photographer. Then Jayne is attacked, and her courage is his undoing. Reed must risk everything to protect her and find a cunning killer.

Relentless (Shattered Hearts Series) by Cassia Leo
    Claire Nixon is a twenty-year-old college dropout with a secret.
    To Claire, Adam Parker is just another flirty customer at the cafe, until a chance encounter and seemingly innocent comment spurs a bet between them. The bet is simple: If Adam can get Claire to reveal the secret that made her drop out of college, she has to re-enroll. If he doesn't succeed, she gets to keep her secret and he has to stop stalking her at the cafe.
    Claire thinks she has this one in the bag. She's perfected the art of forgetting her past. But she isn't prepared for Adam's relentless pursuit or for him to share his own secrets. And she's definitely not prepared for her rock star ex, and her secret, to come banging down her door one year later.

Tomorrow's Sun (Lost Sanctuary) by Becky Melby
    Emily Foster won’t allow herself to move on until she earns enough money to make restitution for the accident that stole a young girl’s dreams. Flipping houses sounds like the fast track to her goal, but when her first project turns out to be a stop on the Underground Railroad, Emily finds herself drawn to, but at odds with, the contractor she hires. Jake Braden needs to focus on gaining guardianship of his late sister’s twins, but the story of lost love uncovered in Emily’s house sets the stage for what might become his own lost love.

Through the Door (The Thin Veil) by Jodi McIsaac
    It’s been seven years since the love of Cedar McLeod’s life left with no forwarding address. All she has left of him are heart-wrenching memories of happier times and a beautiful six-year-old daughter, Eden. Then, one day, Eden opens her bedroom door and unwittingly creates a portal that leads to anywhere she imagines.
    But they’re not the only ones who know of Eden’s gift, and soon the child mysteriously vanishes.
    Desperate for answers, Cedar digs into the past and finds herself thrust into a magical world of Celtic myths, fantastical creatures, and bloody rivalries. Teaming up with the unlikeliest of allies, Cedar must bridge the gap between two worlds and hold tight to the love in her heart…or lose everything to an ancient evil.

Don't Say A Word by Barbara Freethy
    Everything she's been told about her past is a lie ...
    Julie De Marco is planning a perfect San Francisco wedding when she comes face-to-face with a famous photograph, the startling image of a little girl behind the iron gate of a foreign orphanage -- a girl who looks exactly like her. But Julia isn't an orphan. She isn't adopted. And she's never been out of the country. She knows who she is -- or does she?
    Haunted by uncertainty, Julia sets off on a dangerous search for her true identity -- her only clues a swan necklace and an old Russian doll, her only ally daring, sexy photographer Alex Manning. Suddenly nothing is as it seems. The people Julia loved and trusted become suspicious strangers. The relationships she believed in -- with her mother, her sister, and her fiance -- are shaken by new revelations. The only person she can trust is Alex, but he has secrets of his own. Each step brings her closer to a mysterious past that began a world away -- a past that still has the power to threaten her life ... and change her future forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: June Book Club Poll - Pick Our Next Book!

They all sound good....I think I am leaning toward the first one...I will be back to vote when I decide for sure

3. Likes Angelclaud liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I've read Through The Door before, it is a great read.

5. Likes Angelclaud liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Tomorrow's Sun (Lost Sanctuary) by Becky Melby is a freebie at amazon right now if you have kindle.

Don't Say A Word by Barbara Freethy is only 99 cents at amazon for kindle.

7. Thanks mamaape thanked for this post
    Likes Angelclaud liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for pointing it out. I was going to post about it but I forgot. I do kind of take into the consideration of the book pricing when choosing the books as I know they could be expensive sometimes. Amazon has quite a lot of free books so hey, we should take advantage of that too right.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the last one. Sounds like a great mystery.

Is it still on sale for 99 cents for you? I have to pay $3.62.
    I know I am in the Netherlands and therefor have to pay more, but really? This much more?

And thanks for looking at the price when picking the books. It sure is a factor in my decision making to join in the club each month. (I've been away for a while, but I think I'm back now)

Post Thanks / Like

Bernie, It's still $0.99 at Amazon :
    http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Say-A-Wor...arbara+freethy

Can't you buy it from Amazon?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angelclaud View Post
    Bernie, It's still $0.99 at Amazon :
    http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Say-A-Wor...arbara+freethy

Can't you buy it from Amazon?
    Yeah, I do buy from Amazon.com. But because in my country we have different rules on copyright and such, we have to pay much more on books. It's especially weird if I buy the exact same thing from the same store for a much higher price. Because if I visit that link, it tells me the price is $3.62. Amazon knows I'm from the Netherlands, so doesn't let me see your price. I know this now, it sucks but well that's life. I can register my Kindle on a US address, and therefor pay the US prices, but that's fraude. Plus, I don't have a US address to use. lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that kind of sucks. That's quite a big price difference.

Post Thanks / Like

If some of you are waiting to vote, please vote soon before Friday. I will close the poll on Saturday so that you can start preparing to get your copy of the book for June.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast