Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Mother's Day, what did you get?

My hubby made dinner for me, my mom and his mom!
    I enjoyed the night off, and the wine, a bit too much and I forgot to take photos!

2. Likes trina513, GingerScraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree. A call or text is a given. I texted my mom because she was at work and then I spoke with her later in the day for a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by missdamsel View Post
    I am not big on gifts, but a call or a text even. Just acknowledge it. I called my mom! lol

4. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So lovely to hear about all your Days!

Since I'm a single mom so... I don't get presents... because I would have to give my kids the money to buy them for me. LOL. BUT they both made me cards, brought me tea and toast in bed. Isabelle gave me a pedicure (it turned out so cute! I painted my nails to match), and Chan made me a beautiful cutting board in Woodshop at school. I will post a pic below.

Then the whole family came over for a bbq. It was a beautiful day- we ate outside and played games, and watched the kids have a water fight on the lawn. Despite the fact that I was not feeling well, I still had a very nice day.
    Last edited by GingerScraps; 05-14-2013 at 06:21 PM.

6. Likes emscraps, Lisa, Colleen, trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Isabelle did a great job painting your toes...very cute!! Also, I love the cutting board Chan made you! Wood cutting boards are not cheap in the stores.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerScraps View Post
    So lovely to hear about all your Days!

Since I'm a single mom I don't get presents... because I would have to give my kids the money to buy them for me. LOL. BUT they both made me cards, brought me tea and toast in bed. Isabelle gave me a pedicure (it turned out so cute! I painted my nails to match), and Chan made me a beautiful cutting board in Woodshop at school. I will post a pic below.

Then the whole family came over for a bbq. It was a beautiful day- we ate outside and played games, and watched the kids have a water fight on the lawn. Despite the fact that I was not feeling well, I still had a very nice day.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a ring, two boxes of chocolate, a bottle of perfume and a dozen bright yellow carnations (my favorite flower).

For those scratching their heads and wondering: no, I am not a mother. My mom always gets me gifts for Mother's Day because she says, "I wouldn't be a mother without you."

Yeah, my mom is pretty much the best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ambelleina View Post
    I got a ring, two boxes of chocolate, a bottle of perfume and a dozen bright yellow carnations (my favorite flower).

For those scratching their heads and wondering: no, I am not a mother. My mom always gets me gifts for Mother's Day because she says, "I wouldn't be a mother without you."

Yeah, my mom is pretty much the best.
    Awe cute

10. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nutsaboutgabe View Post
    Isabelle did a great job painting your toes...very cute!! Also, I love the cutting board Chan made you! Wood cutting boards are not cheap in the stores.
    Thanks Barb!
    I'm not sure the care for the cutting board... I'm going to have to look into it. I'm used to using the rubber kind of cutting boards, so I can bleach it to make sure it's totally clean. He did such a good job I feel like I don't want to damage it with knife marks. Lol. But that's what it's for, so I guess I need to get over it.

12. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I never cut raw meat on the wood cutting board and I follow the guidelines in the attached for caring for my wooden cutting boards.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/how-to/5-...ard/index.html

oh and it's definitely going to get knife marks, but after a while they won't bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerScraps View Post
    Thanks Barb!
    I'm not sure the care for the cutting board... I'm going to have to look into it. I'm used to using the rubber kind of cutting boards, so I can bleach it to make sure it's totally clean. He did such a good job I feel like I don't want to damage it with knife marks. Lol. But that's what it's for, so I guess I need to get over it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12