Post Thanks / Like

Default May Book - Wait For Me Discussions

I am thinking to start the discussion thread for our May Book. Don't read this thread if you haven't started reading and don't want spoilers.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: May Book - Wait For Me Discussions

Spoilers up to Chapter 6 (more or less)

I have actually read the whole book in a flash but I am re-reading them more slowly and in detail now. Thanks to the book club for making me do that.

The book starts off immediately wig the suspense and action. We're plunged into the mysteries and the plot really kep me hooked, wanting to know what really happened and curious to see what the meeting between Kate and Ryan would be like. When they met I think that there were really so powerful emotions for both of them and I can sympathize with them both. Kate, Mitch, and Ryan are really all very likeable characters.

I am so touched by Bryan's vulnerability when he saw Kate for the first time and how he almost collapsed but try to stay strong. It must have really hurt to have that someone whomever you lost and dreamed of returning, return but with absolutely no feeling and emotion for you.

Post Thanks / Like

I finished it. I actually cried when Ryan met his son for the first time. I couldn't put the book down. I just wanted to see if she would get her memory back.

4. Likes Angelclaud liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I also finished it..I never thought once that is was Hannah! I really liked the book and thought it was fast reading..I am glad they ended up together! How awesome would that be to have the love of your life back after you thought they were gone..too bad she did not get her memory back! I thought the book had the perfect amount of suspense and romance.

6. Likes Angelclaud liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It's very realistic and believable I think for the emotions and feelings between the characters, Kate/Annie, Ryan, Julia (although Julia did seem to be so grown up instead of a 9 years old but I guessed losing her mother and having to deal with a distraught Dad can cause that).

I think the discovery of what happen with the whole cancer medicine testing and stuff is a bit unbelievable though. It just seemed too easy for someone to be able to stage two plane crash, lie to the whole town (well not the whole town but some neighbors) about who Kate/Annie really was, etc. Although perhaps it's quite believable in that we don't really know our neighbors really well nowadays at least for some. Especially when we read the recent news about how there were actually kidnapped people in a house in the neighborhood (that's just absolutely crazy).

Anyway, I guessed I don't really buy into the realistic/logical part with the cancer plot but it's still quite a good read with very likable characters.

8. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the same thing about Julia....she did seem a bit mature for 9. I also agree about the TWO plane crashes..they could have used something a little different the 2nd time. I also thought the same thing about the real life kidnappings...10 years and no one knew that is unbelieveable, but goes to show maybe we really do not know our neighbors. Our world is truly crazy!!

10. Likes Angelclaud liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh well, I'm thinking that perhaps it's because it's really more of a romance book than a suspense. There's definitely a difference between romance and suspense/crime type author. Quite a lot of romance/suspense book I read, the suspense/logic part doesn't really make sense. LOL. But I don't really care as I'm more of a romance person so I read for the romance and not suspense.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever read any of Sandra Brown's books she has some that have a good blend of romance and suspense...she also just has romance books too I believe...I have read several and have really liked them

13. Likes Angelclaud liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think I've heard of her but never really read her books. Will definitely take a look at them. Thanks for the suggestion.

15. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Soooo anybody wants to add anything about May's book before we move on to June book?