Thread: GoPro????

Post Thanks / Like

Default GoPro????

anyone have a GoPro? if so version? have u been able to compare to the new hero3 models? no anyone who has one and has talked about them?

DS is going backwoods as a camp counselor this summer and wants one and we r looking to find best quality for HIS needs...

thanks

guess I'm a tad late

2. Likes Juliemomof4 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I know my sister Julie bought one for her son.... I will poke her and tell her to come give you input

4. Likes Juliemomof4 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: GoPro????

Now I have to go find out what that is! LOL I'm pretty sure I'm going to need one...
    Carolyn
    My One Little Word for 2013: Progress

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we did buy our son a Go Pro. It is awesome. It is the older one, we bought it 2 Christmas's ago. He loves it. He straps it on his helmet when snowboarding and dirtbike riding. He also has a chest mount and a pole mount. IDK which one he has but I will find out.

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

I do not know what it is.
    m
    Michelle

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the help...a GoPro is THE GADGET to own. some of the best HD video and hiquality photos. very small, water proof, can fall down cliffs pretty well. photographers use them for weddings but sports enthusiasts use them on their helmets, chest, arm etc. to take the action from a first person view or u can mount it to take the action of yourself. snowboarding, waterskiing, rock climbing, race car driving...or just a toddler looking for an easter egg

guess I'm a tad late

Post Thanks / Like

normally we'd go with the older one and get more for less...however DS found out about it with the new version which is so much clearer that he'll notice the difference so he's going with that one. we just ordered it today (although they r at bestbuy and other stores) i'll have him upload to utube when he's playing and share to show it off. oh yeah the new version is fully wifi too and i think the photos r 11MB and can be taken in several settings of fps. i want one but think i need to get my puter fixed first LOL

guess I'm a tad late

10. Likes Juliemomof4 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds neat! I don't think i would have a use for it, but it sounds neat. I 'd never heard of it before today.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Kodak ZM1 for underwater, and a Canon P&S. Working on convincing the parents I need a decent handheld cam for videos [knowing my dad, I'll end up with it, if I ask nicely ]
    I've looked at the GoPros, and I can't justify that cost. That, and when they have their cases on (to keep them waterproof), the sound is warped badly At least on all of the videos I've seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I have a Kodak ZM1 for underwater, and a Canon P&S. Working on convincing the parents I need a decent handheld cam for videos [knowing my dad, I'll end up with it, if I ask nicely ]
    I've looked at the GoPros, and I can't justify that cost. That, and when they have their cases on (to keep them waterproof), the sound is warped badly At least on all of the videos I've seen.
    my guess sarah is u r right...it is probably the older ones. the new one just came out its the Hero3. they made the video MOVIE theater quality and fixed the underwater issues and audio in general.

these r not for everyone. my son is a firefighter and a backwoods/athletic junkie which is what they were originally designed for. however, the reason wedding photographers r using them more is because they'll have half a dozen at least and they post them on stationary mounts around the ceremony. a couple on video and others on photos at 20-30 shots per second for extra photos without having too many xtra photographers and if it rains they r safe.

also, viewing video's online can be tricky. does the user know what they r doing? is the computer u r viewing with an HD monitor? GoPro's sight is the best place to visit or when u r in the store they have the videos playing. good monitor is the best way to view it.

guess I'm a tad late