View Poll Results: April Book Club Poll - Pick Our Next Book!

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices, The) by Cassandra Clare

0 0%
  • Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

0 0%
  • The Light Between Oceans: A Novel by M.L. Stedman

0 0%
  • Wait For Me by Elisabeth Naughton

4 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default April Book Club Poll - Pick Our Next Book!

Hi All,

This is my pick for April.

Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices, The) by Cassandra Clare
    The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them....

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
    The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

The Light Between Oceans: A Novel by M.L. Stedman
    After four harrowing years on the Western Front, Tom Sherbourne returns to Australia and takes a job as the lighthouse keeper on Janus Rock, nearly half a day’s journey from the coast. To this isolated island, where the supply boat comes once a season and shore leaves are granted every other year at best, Tom brings a young, bold, and loving wife, Isabel. Years later, after two miscarriages and one stillbirth, the grieving Isabel hears a baby’s cries on the wind. A boat has washed up onshore carrying a dead man and a living baby.

Tom, whose records as a lighthouse keeper are meticulous and whose moral principles have withstood a horrific war, wants to report the man and infant immediately. But Isabel has taken the tiny baby to her breast. Against Tom’s judgment, they claim her as their own and name her Lucy. When she is two, Tom and Isabel return to the mainland and are reminded that there are other people in the world. Their choice has devastated one of them.

Wait For Me by Elisabeth Naughton
    A woman without a past...
    After a tragic accident left her with no memory, Kate Alexander struggled to fit in with a husband and world that didn't feel right. She's had no reason to question what friends and family have told her, not until her husband is suddenly killed and she finds a photo of a young girl in his office. A girl who can't be anyone but a daughter Kate didn't know she had.

A man desperate for a reason to live...
    Ryan Harrison lost his wife in a plane crash five years ago. To cope with the pain of her loss, he dedicated himself to his job and to raising their daughter. Now a successful pharmaceutical executive, Ryan has everything a man could want--money, fame and power--but he'd give it all up in a heartbeat for just one more day with the woman he still loves.

Two lives about to converge.
    As Kate begins to dig into a past she doesn't remember, evidence leads her to San Francisco and puts her on the path toward Ryan, a man who sees in her the woman he loved and lost. Kate feels a draw to Ryan, one she can't explain, but is that feeling enough to convince her this is where she's supposed to be? As Ryan and Kate search for answers, they uncover lies long buried, a passion hotter than either expected and a danger that threatens...even now...when the second chance they've both been searching for is finally within reach.

missdamsel is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: April Book Club Poll - Pick Our Next Book!

I actually just converted this series (Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices, The) by Cassandra Clare) to epub from Mobi for my daughter to re-read.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually just finished the whole series and I totally LOVE IT !!!!

scrapjrlgcp is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

hmmm....they all sound good to me, but I think I will stay away from the 1st choice because of the past two books we have read (supernatural) and I need a change I will come back and vote when I can decide which one to vote for

GingerScraps is offline Survivor *Digi-County Fair* Host
    The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*
    Designer and Owner of GingerScraps

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for taking over the book club Angel!! I'm still reading the beautiful creatures series. Hopefully I will be finished soon and I can join in with your pick for April!

missdamsel is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

I am about half way thru book two on the Beautiful Creatures series!

Post Thanks / Like

I am probably going to read all these books. Well, I chose them, so they are more or less something that interest me. They do seemed promising with all those abundant reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

I've read Beautiful Disaster, and really enjoyed it. It's strong and powerful in its writing and the relationship topics it incorporates (jealousy, anger, abusiveness, though not in the typical sense)...but it's also beautiful and romantic and heartwarming. I'd highly suggest adding it to your reading list, even if it's not picked for this month! (Plus, the follow up book, Walking Disaster, which is written from Travis's point of view just came out earlier this month and I've got several friends who've just raved about it!)

I haven't read any of the Clockwork Angel series, but I did read several of the books in the Mortal Instrument series by the same author, and really do love her writing style (which reminds me, I need to go back and read more of those books!)

Can't wait to see what you ladies pick!

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Mortal Instruments is good but I'm not in love with Jace or Simon but I'm totally in love with Jem. Hehe.

Post Thanks / Like

I voted for Wait For Me by Elisabeth Naughton. Unfortunately, my library doesn't have it. But Amazon does. The kindle version is on sale for 2.99. Paperback is $9.14.

I finished safe haven and loved it. I actually read it in less than 3 weeks which is a record for me. I'm now reading the beautiful creatures book 1. Not sure I'm liking it so far but I"m just in the beginning. Hope it gets better.

11. Likes scrapjrlgcp liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast