Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aloha! Surprise party planning!

Hi girls! I may have bitten off more than I can chew this week! I decided to plan a surprise birthday party for my BF and make it Hawaiian themed!
    I've browsed the internet, but haven't seen anything decoration or food/drink-wise that I really love.
    What are some hawaiian/beachy themed things that would work on short notice??

2. Likes violamoni, Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Aloha! Surprise party planning!

pintrest it!!!! lol. you can find anything there. Aslo check out oriental trading company. they have themed party stuff for cheaper. I knwo they have luau beach themes.

Post Thanks / Like

We had a neighborhood hawaii party a few years ago. Had lots of the plastic lays for everyone and lots of tropical flowers on the tables etc. The food was Hawaiian haystacks, (rice with chicken etc I could get the recipe from my sister in law if you want) they also had fruit that was cut up really cool. Like the pineapple had been carved into shapes etc. I I will see if I have any pictures....

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you could cut out of oversized green card stock from the dollar store some palm tree leaves and make tissue paper coconuts?

Do you have a walmart? he's super cute

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Inflatable...onkey/20924092

And you need tikis!! And some pink flamingos for decoration! Oh and make flowers on clips for the girl's hair and the cheap plastic leis. I'd personally go super silly cheesy hawaiian/tropical. Walmart or a dollar store should have those, maybe even Target. Definitely a party store. Ask guests to come dressed up.
    Maybe Oriental Trading http://www.orientaltrading.com/party...mTm89MA==.fltr they maybe able to send some stuff super fast.

For food I'd do mexican, I know it doesn't fit the theme as much but it's fun finger food, chips, guac and salsa, maybe some skewers with fruit like pineapple, strawberries and grapes on them. A big punch bowl, etc.

Oh and cupcakes, I did this one a while back, crush graham crackers finely and make "sand" on your cupcakes. (These aren't mine, I don't know where the pic is.)

6. Likes trina513, Juliemomof4 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My Target always has leis and little palm trees and whatnot in the party section, stuff for a Hawaiian-themed party. I'm sure if you go there you can get some stuff. Or at Party City--they have ev-er-y-thing.

If you're wanting to go a little more DIY, here's a blog with some cute ideas and free printables!

http://www.elli.com/blog/luau-party-printables/

Here's another party with some ideas; I kind of LOOOOVE the umbrella wreath and it looks so easy with a dollar tree foam floral ring!

8. Likes SandyPie, Juliemomof4 liked this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

How fun!! You are a great friend! I just got a 20% off coupon for Party City if you have one near you. I can forward you the email

I don't know how much time you have, but maybe you can make a bunch of these using Hawiian prints

Or if you have paper flowers and clips you can make these super fast.

If you have an Ikea near by, I LOVE LOVE these frames. They are only $1!! I got a bunch, put my aunt's photos in them with a special quote. Displays like this were all over the house. I made those yarn bowls, 30 of them!! but it took a few days...labor of love!! lol.... Then just wrote inspirational words on those black rocks. Her theme was Inspiration and Hope.

Other than that, banners, food picks, framed quotes, .....fun, fun!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Post Thanks / Like

The party is SATURDAY... I wish I had time to order from OT... I love them!

I've got a giant light up palm tree, limbo stick, leis...
    I need more grass skirts, a centerpiece idea, finger foods and a punch... and other fun decorations!

11. Likes trina513 liked this post
    missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Dollar Tree has lots of Luau themed stuff. Not the highest quality, but cute and cheap (therefore pretty much disposable!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey lookit, I found some more printables and ideas. ^_^

http://www.blog.birdsparty.com/2012/...diy-party.html

I would use pineapple and watermelon chunks for the finger foods. My friend had a going-away luau and she had lots of fruit and made kebobs with chicken and bell peppers and pineapple. It was so yummy!

Post Thanks / Like

How's this for a cake

15. Likes Colleen, trina513, Ambelleina liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast