Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Question for YOU. Help me out.

I started out in Powerpoint believe it or not!! lol

2. Thanks Harmonystar, emscraps thanked for this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

It's just like MS Word, Missi!!

Post Thanks / Like

I use Creative Memorues Stirybook Creator 4.0. It's easy to use and also has basic or advance modes. So you can learn on basic mode with a few s options to get used to the program then when you feel confident move onto the advance mode which gives you a little more flexibility. The only down side is that you can't use psd files with it. I usually use cs2 to convert them - however a lot of designers are now making .page versions of their templates or at least providing pngs.

I'm not sue I'd the price in the States so you might have to look it up. This is a good program for beginners and those who just can't get their brain around photoshop (like me)

5. Thanks Harmonystar thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use gimp also...it is so close to photoshop, but when you drag papers or elements they automatically layer themsleves....it does not have the style abilites like photoshop but it does have an option for adding drop shadows....I hope your show goes great!!!!

7. Thanks Harmonystar thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that must very hard..I never thought to use word!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by emscraps View Post
    I use Microsoft Word...lol! But I also need Paint to save the layout as a jpg.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muldrs View Post
    I use Craft Artist 2 (created by Serif). The site that sells it, runs sales on the software (around $25) but its normally $40. I've used Adobe products in the passed for a desktop publishing class in college but VERY MUCH prefer this software. Its very easy to use and designed with scrapbooking in mind. I have yet to come across something (a technique or layout) that I could not do. My sister has used this software (and prior versions) for about 6 years and pretty much knows the entire thing inside and out. She also feels its much easier to scrap with this software as opposed to photoshop. When I run into a question or something I can't figure out I generally go to her first but the site that sells the software has a very helpful forum as well, and has links to MANY you tube video tutorials.

The software has TONS of pre-made blank projects for many other crafts (like cards, cupcake toppers, pendants, etc) that you can use your digikit items to make as well. It also comes pre-loaded with a ton of punches, stencils, and brushes (and you can make your own easily from any object/alpha/font). You can choose to load your kits into the software or just drag the files onto the canvas. Templates work by using png files which you just drag onto the canvas. It also has a full photo editor built into it which is amazing!

They also have a compact version that is free. It doesn't have all the functions of the full version but someone could get a feel for the software before making the commitment of purchasing it.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box now. I just love it so much (craft artist, not the soap box)!!

PS: If anyone here is interested in trying it out I'm more than happy to help you learn too.
    I just looked at the website for the CraftArtist software. That's pretty cool! I'm not about to part with my CS5 (and they don't make CraftArtist for Mac anyway), but there are some really neat features of the CraftArtist. I like the stitching feature. Great way to stitch any item down. I'd love to be able to play with that software and see what it can do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelsMomJo View Post
    I just looked at the website for the CraftArtist software. That's pretty cool! I'm not about to part with my CS5 (and they don't make CraftArtist for Mac anyway), but there are some really neat features of the CraftArtist. I like the stitching feature. Great way to stitch any item down. I'd love to be able to play with that software and see what it can do.
    I know! The built in brushes (stitches), edges, and things like that have come in really handy in some of my layouts! Especially when making your own alpha for a kit that may not have one. I just upgraded from the first version and haven't even had time to play with a lot of the new stuff yet. Oh to have a day (or weekend) to scrap with no other responsibilities!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonystar View Post
    This is so excellent!! I'm a photoshop girl through and through, but that's mostly because of my graphic design classes in high school and college. I know perfectly well that photoshop can be difficult to learn so some of these scrapbooking centered programs might work best for a newbie. I think I'm going to take note of who suggested these programs just in case any of the ladies have questions about any of them I can direct their questions your way if that's okay.

I am happy to answer anyones questions about using scrapbook max, send them my way, 30,000 + people can't be wrong! that is just the ones on the forums!

12. Thanks Harmonystar thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I started out on MyMemories but now use PSE. MyMemories is fairly easy to learn and they have a bunch of video tutorials to help out.

14. Thanks Harmonystar thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wanted you all to know that presentation went well. Thanks so much for your help!!

16. Thanks Nickala27 thanked for this post
    Likes Nickala27, muldrs liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12