Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for YOU. Help me out.

So April 18th I will be putting on a digital scrapbooking presentation for my church women's group ( a.k.a. The Relief Society to my LDS friends out there ) So I'm trying to cram all my excitement and info into a 45 minute presentation.

A very important thing that I don't know much about is scrapbooking and editing programs besides adobe photoshop. If you can tell me what you use if it's not photoshop and maybe even estimated price and how easy or difficult it is for new users that would help me a lot!! Then I can make a list and give out to them so they know their options.

Thanks a ton ladies! I'll give you more updates on my prep (I'm totally going to make a powerpoint presentation Heee!) As I get closer. The presentation is the 18th. Hopefully after that we'll have a few fun new members in our community here.

My list so far:
    Paint Shop Pro
    Microsoft Word
    Gimp
    Creative Memories Storybook Creator
    Craft Artist 2
    scrapbook max
    MyMemories
    Last edited by Harmonystar; 04-08-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Question for YOU. Help me out.

I started out using Paint Shop Pro
    http://www.corel.com/corel/product/i...s&mapcounter=1

I thought it was fairly easy to use, otherwise I probably wouldn't have started digiscrapping! I found it much easier than Photoshop and took me two years to even try my hand at Photoshop because of the learning curve.

Off the top of my head, the one con that I can think of is that it doesn't have a spell check (at least the versions that I used psp 7-12). So before I did any journaling, I would do it in word and then transfer it over to my layout so I knew the spelling was correct.
    Last edited by Harmonystar; 04-05-2013 at 08:59 PM.
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

3. Thanks Harmonystar thanked for this post
    Likes Harmonystar liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You can tell them that they can try any of the Adobe & Corel products free for 30 days to see if they enjoy the process before buying.

5. Thanks Harmonystar thanked for this post
    emscraps is offline *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

I use Microsoft Word...lol! But I also need Paint to save the layout as a jpg.

7. Thanks Harmonystar thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use Gimp...its similar in capabilities to PSE but it is free!
    http://www.gimp.org/

9. Thanks Harmonystar thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Em are you serious? Every time I've tried doing any kind of graphic work in Microsoft Word I usually get frustrated. You are a skilled lady.

11. Thanks emscraps thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I started out with Creative Memories Storybook Creator. I now use PSE since most templates were not compatible. I know many designers now have compatible templates. My 9 year DD uses Storybook and loves it!
    Melissa

13. Thanks Harmonystar thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use Craft Artist 2 (created by Serif). The site that sells it, runs sales on the software (around $25) but its normally $40. I've used Adobe products in the passed for a desktop publishing class in college but VERY MUCH prefer this software. Its very easy to use and designed with scrapbooking in mind. I have yet to come across something (a technique or layout) that I could not do. My sister has used this software (and prior versions) for about 6 years and pretty much knows the entire thing inside and out. She also feels its much easier to scrap with this software as opposed to photoshop. When I run into a question or something I can't figure out I generally go to her first but the site that sells the software has a very helpful forum as well, and has links to MANY you tube video tutorials.

The software has TONS of pre-made blank projects for many other crafts (like cards, cupcake toppers, pendants, etc) that you can use your digikit items to make as well. It also comes pre-loaded with a ton of punches, stencils, and brushes (and you can make your own easily from any object/alpha/font). You can choose to load your kits into the software or just drag the files onto the canvas. Templates work by using png files which you just drag onto the canvas. It also has a full photo editor built into it which is amazing!

They also have a compact version that is free. It doesn't have all the functions of the full version but someone could get a feel for the software before making the commitment of purchasing it.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box now. I just love it so much (craft artist, not the soap box)!!

PS: If anyone here is interested in trying it out I'm more than happy to help you learn too.

15. Thanks Harmonystar thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use scrapbook max

This program is so so eay to use, I would hate to have to do my LO on photoshop after using SBM, I have tried it to make templates on and only just having mastered that, I feel very restricted (only because of my non use of it)

It cost $40.00 and is amazing and fantastic
    http://www.scrapbookmax.com/

17. Thanks Harmonystar thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is so excellent!! I'm a photoshop girl through and through, but that's mostly because of my graphic design classes in high school and college. I know perfectly well that photoshop can be difficult to learn so some of these scrapbooking centered programs might work best for a newbie. I think I'm going to take note of who suggested these programs just in case any of the ladies have questions about any of them I can direct their questions your way if that's okay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast