Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wish me luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh geez, how nerve racking! Good luck barb! And let us know when you find out the news!

2. Thanks nutsaboutgabe thanked for this post
    Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wish me luck!

Why is getting a new job so stressful!?

Oh I know...it's because I want the best of both worlds. I want to be a stay at home mom, but also a working mom. I feel like I'm having and early life crisis.

By the way, I had an interview yesterday for the second job I applied for so now I just have to wait. According to the hiring mgr for the job I interviewed for yesterday, I am the leading candidate. I only know that because I tried to cancel the interview. I am concerned about getting there for 8am, but he is willing to let me start at 830 if it makes my life easier and asked me to reconsider coming to the interview. I don't want to have a rushed morning, like I used to!

4. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds promising!! But I can only imagine how nerve wracking it would all be!! Keep us posted!!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

I've come to the realization - I DO NOT want to do the same job I used to do and THAT is the exact reason why I will find any reason to not be happy about getting a job offer. I do not want to do tech support anymore! After 12 years of doing it, I'm tired of technology. I love the people/customer service interaction, but I just don't want to be in that role anymore. I've shifted my focus to finding a new career (and applied for a position today in a different field). It's going to be hard to get a job doing something that I don't have direct industry experience with, but I am hopeful I will be able to do it. If any one has any suggestions...shout them out!!

7. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with things, Barb!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck on your intereview. Praying everything works out... I used to interview people all the time - and honestly I'm not sure if it was worse on them ore me! I was always nervous going into them.

Ricki is online now *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

Hope I'm not late so good luck!

AngelclaudArtroom, SeatroutScraps, GingerScrapsAdTeam, SnickerdoodleDesigns, & Bright Ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with your search Barb. I used to work in HR and interviewed people all the time. Trust me, we know you are nervous when you come in, we expect that but just be yourself and your true talents and natural ability will come through. Just take it one question at a time. And remember to smile and make eye contact.
    My Store

12. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, brave move Barb!! But that is awesome!! It's never good to stick with something you totally loath doing. But it's so hard to break out when it's the only thinks you have experience doing. I admire you for going for it!!

Keep us posted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12