Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kindle - Paperwhite

Does anyone have the paperwhite? I have the kindle app on my iphone and also my ipad. I also have the kindle fire. But I find it hard to read any of them during the summer months outside and that's when I do my most reading. If you have a paperwhite do you like it? Is it really easy to read in the sunlight and does it also not light up the entire room at night so not to keep up your spouse? My iphone, ipad and fire are very bright at night and I have to like hide under the covers when in bed if my spouse is trying to sleep.

I may ask my husband to get me the paperwhite for maybe mother's day if it is really good. Want to know your opinions on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Kindle - Paperwhite

Sorry - I"m no help - I've never even heard of that! I just have the kindle app on my phone!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried lowering the brightness level of the Fire? We have our room nearly black at night, and I have the Kindle brightness down to the lowest level and my husband says it's never bothered him.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure if you can get this app, but it has a free version http://www.aldiko.com/ I use it and you can change the background color to almost any color, perhaps using the black background with the white text would make it easier for you to see outside, but not sure??

Post Thanks / Like

Hubby gave me my new kindle today. So far I am loving it. It's so much lighter than my ipad. Also I can read in the sun and also read at night and it doesn't light up the entire room so hubby can sleep.

6. Likes Angelclaud liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your new Kindle. What type is it? Is it the paperwhite?

I do love my Kindle Fire for reading but it does get a bit inconvenience without 3g and an external sdcard. It would just be so perfect if it has those two additional functions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angelclaud View Post
    Congratulations on your new Kindle. What type is it? Is it the paperwhite?

I do love my Kindle Fire for reading but it does get a bit inconvenience without 3g and an external sdcard. It would just be so perfect if it has those two additional functions.
    The new versions of the Kindle have the 3G function.
    I don't have that version (I like my wifi only option, because I'm cheap, )

Post Thanks / Like

I think the 8.9" version has 4g right? I just wasn't sure if that means it can connect 3g too.

Yeah, 3g does need extra subscription fee. I have been using my Dad's ipad on the weekend and he has 3g plan so I am a bit pulled into the whole 3g thing. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

3G SHOULD work with 4G. I would think, considering it's basically the same thing. Like phones have 3/4G capabilities but can work on the slower bands too, since so many areas aren't fully upgraded to it

Post Thanks / Like

I see. Well, that's good to know if ever need to change my kindle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast