Post Thanks / Like

Red face Personal Goal for '13!!

Hello ladies! I dont know if some of you know, but last year I set a goal to lose 50 pounds. I got close to my goal but only lost 40 pounds, although it's still a pretty good amount.
    This year, I decided to set my goals a little bit higher. Not a weight loss goal, but more of a personal goal.
    Every year I do the local Susan G Komen breast cancer walk, but for the last few years, I have wanted to do the BIG one. So this year, I decided I was going to go for it! I signed myself up to do the 3 day, 60 mile breast cancer walk that will take place in June for my location!! I am super excited, but at the same time, I am nervous about it, because I have to raise $2,300 in order to even be able to walk the event!
    If you are willing and able, I would greatly appreciate donations of any amount, or even letting others know about my goal this year to help me with this.
    In 2005, my grandmother went in for a routine mammogram. 2 months later, she was doing a self exam and noticed a lump. After making an appointment to see her doctor and having a biopsy done, it was determined that she did indeed have breast cancer. In 2 months, she went from being cancer free to being diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer. It was the most terrifying thing that our family has ever had to go through, and I don’t wish this heartache, unknowing and stress on anyone. Luckily she fought it and beat her cancer and now, in 2013, 8 years later, she is still cancer free. This cause is very important to me, and with my determination and your support, I know that I can do this!

I am also going to have an incentive for those that may want to donate.
    If you are able to donate http://www.the3day.org/goto/ryancaselton I will match your donation with a coupon to my GingerScraps store! http://store.gingerscraps.net/Roseytoes/
    Anything is greatly appreciated!! ♥

2. Likes nutsaboutgabe, Juliemomof4 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Personal Goal for '13!!

You go, Ryan! I am a 3 Day walker as well. This will be my 5th year walking! I can't wait to hear all about it from you! I love it! This year, my aunt is walking with me. It is going to be great! Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like

I am also going to have an incentive for those that may want to donate.
    If you are able to donate http://www.the3day.org/goto/ryancaselton I will match your donation with a GC to my GingerScraps store! http://store.gingerscraps.net/Roseytoes/
    Anything is greatly appreciated!! ♥

Post Thanks / Like

I'm impressed. I don't think I could take it on. I did the relay for life a couple of times, but walk for three days on my own? Uh uh. That takes a lot of dedication and courage. I wish you all the luck in raising the money and getting in shape, not to mention actually walking for three days!

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan is having an online Jamberry Nail fundraiser to help raise money for her walk! You can go to this link on Facebook to join the event.

If you don't have a Facebook but still want to order and see what jamberry nails are all about go to this link

Which sample is your favorite

You can even create your own with digi scrapbooking paper or your photos!

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan... If you want some cheerleaders in the side lines, let us know.... Julie and I are close enough to drive down there and support you if you would like that!

Let us know once it gets closer.

8. Likes dodgeladee liked this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

You are doing a great thing, Ryan!! Is it in SF? I live pretty close, maybe we could meet, Ginger!!

And wooohoooo on losing 40 pounds last year, that's impressive! So happy for you and your accomplishments!

Post Thanks / Like

that would be awesome em and ginger!! yes it's in san francisco. june 21-23

Post Thanks / Like

Ok cool!! I will see if Julie can drive us down there

12. Thanks roseytoes9 thanked for this post
    Likes roseytoes9 liked this post