Post Thanks / Like

Default Miracle DO happen

please let me say first that our loved ones r always the most important to us and those miracles are the best!!

but my miracle is one i think that all scrappers can understand. when u see disasters and stuff...after family, friends and pets people risk their lives for the family photos. we just do as they r truly or link to our loved ones.

i am actually one of those people who backs up ALL my stuff as i have lost stuff in the past. unfortunately for me...i had a backup drive just die prematurely for no reason. after spending time with a legitimate HD recovery company it was determined that my drive would need to go into the 'clean room'. this meant apprx. $1000. there was a lot i did not care about BUT that was only one of my backups and on that drive i kept ALL my videos. All 4 kids graduations etc. i have been crying about this since oct.

i use internal drives for backup as they r more stable (usually) after trying everything i thought it had been removed from my computer and didn't think anything of it again until i could come up with that much money.

over the weekend i did a reboot and then was looking at my space left on my other drives and backups to determine how much i needed to toss because i was out of room...when i noticed a drive with quite a bit of space. took me a minute but i realized it was my broken back up drive!!!!!!!! i walked away from the computer and went and found a good deal on an external HD (3T for $95) and told DH to RUN to the store after work and pick it up.

after several days i was able to not only save all my videos (and they r not corrupt) as well as all my music and other stuff. every single bit of it. so i now have it all saved with xtra storage and will be buying another one in a few months that will but copied over and put in a safe.

to me...this was a miracle

guess I'm a tad late

2. Likes Ricki liked this post
    Ricki is online now *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Miracle DO happen

Well I can tell you as a computer freak that sure is a miracle!
    I would be devastated to lose such valuable things.
    I learned my lesson and have a very detailed back-up plan that supposed to keep me safe. And it does.

I loved your opening sentence. And you're right. But then there are those parts in life that we see as miracles and that's the point I think. To see anything that happens as a miracle.
    So happy to hear you were able to FIND your stuff! I bet you were beside yourself with pure joy
    Well, not jumping up 'n down I suppose but happy

AngelclaudArtroom, SeatroutScraps, GingerScrapsAdTeam, SnickerdoodleDesigns, & BrightIdeas.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL ricki...no i was literally no kidding. i didn't know when i'd have the money if ever. the drive went back down again right after i saved everything. i like how u said 'suppose to keep u safe'...mine was too. even online/cloud etc. has its flaws. i just know i'm very grateful to have my stuff back

guess I'm a tad late

5. Likes Ricki liked this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

That is wonderful news! I totally hear ya, backups are supposed to be safe

Last Oct my EHD died on me. It was such a pain hunt for things again and figure out what I needed to redownload.

Now I save my pictures on 2 EHD, my desktop, and my computer at work..lol... Now I want to save all my kits on both EHD, that is my plan for the weekend...

Post Thanks / Like

I know the feeling! I had 2 (yes 2) laptop crashes in 6 months. The first time I was all good with backing up got everything back. The second crash not as lucky. Photos and kits I was ok with. My finished pages I had lost since I had cancelled my online back up to become more diligent at backing to the 2 ehd's I had! And wouldn't ya know the LO's I lost were the 2 pagers with like 50 picture per LO! UGH!! No I have a wireless EHD that backs up daily and weekly I back up to the other 2 ehds!
    Melissa

Post Thanks / Like

I"m so glad you go them back!! I didn't follow all the technical stuff in your post, but I'm just glad you got it back.