Did you read the story about Australia schools banning birthday candles in cakes? They are worried about spreading germs. (TBH, I've got the same worry, but DD's school doesn't do candles lol so I don't have to worry).
What do you guys think? Are they overreacting or finally getting with the times??? I'm OK with it because they're right: it is really bad to blow your air and snot and spit all over the cake. My grandpa used to shield a corner piece of the cake whenever we had a bday celebration. I thought he was claiming his piece of the cake but my mom finally told me that he didn't care about the cake--he was trying to keep the bday kid's spit off a slice so he could eat some without freaking out! lol