Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What are your kids doing for classroom valentines?

We bought store-boughts. Madi has holographic puppies and kitties and Ethan has Lego Star Wars. It's cheaper and, honestly, going all out for their classes would be sort of worthless because no one else does. We did it for their Kindergarten classes but after, no more

Post Thanks / Like

Just doing the store bought ones this year. Our school won't allow candy or treats with anything.
    |Facebook|Twitter|Blog|Pinterest|
    Proudly Creating For Juno Designs and Memory Clips

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the replies! I'm really liking this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by nutsaboutgabe View Post
    I forgot to include this pin. It's Star Wars themed and we're not Star Wars fans, but I still thought it was really cute and similar to the lollipop idea.

http://pinterest.com/pin/314689092682401758/
    My kindergartener is very interested in the Star Wars valentine. This is what we were thinking
    \
    credit: http://www.keepingitsimplecrafts.com...valentine.html

He was also thinking he'd like to do the same concept for a Power Ranger. My mom got him a Power Ranger costume from Good Will, and he's seen the show once, but he thinks it is favorite lol. Maybe we'll attempt to do something like the Star Wars, but make it Power Ranger and use a lolly pop in his hand (instead of a samurai sword) so it will look like the pics Rachel posted and make "Powerful Fun" Valentines lol. Or maybe we'll do the Star Wars one this year and remember the Power Ranger one for next year lol. The preschool kids will fall into place. Ian (3) will want to do the same Valentine Nolan (5) does, and Isaiah (3) will not care. They should be easy.

Now I might be getting TOO many ideas Ha!

Rachel, Thanks for posting the pics! They are awesome. I can't wait to see how this years turn out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonystar View Post
    A couple years ago I did these

I'm going to try it out again. This year. I'm actually taking pictures today so we'll see how it goes. I'll post you a pic when I get them done.

I also thought I'd try this one for my baby to give the grandparents

These May be a lot of work for a full class but I did these for Jaden small preschool class one year. I used Julie's template

4. Likes Harmonystar liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This type of things should totally be next years hybrid challenge!

6. Likes trina513, Harmonystar, Tree City liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I printed out paper fishbowls that read "so glad we're in the same school" and slipped them into clear treat bags shaped with a round bottom and fluted top. We are going to put swedish fish inside to complete the look for the older kids, the toddlers get gold fish crackers. Found this one on pinterest. So cute! I will post a pic when we are done.

Teachers are getting chinese take out boxes with candy dipped fortune cookies and hershey kisses inside, with a note that says "I'm so fortunate to have a teacher like you". Also from pinterest. Used this month's buffet Listen To Your Heart paper for this one.

Love hybrids!

8. Likes AmyP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Beth, can you do an extra 36 kid valentines and 3 teacher ones? Lol
    I am so swamped right now, so we aren't going all out. I found some cute cards and pencils for the kids, but I honestly forgot about the teachers...geesh;)

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I DO have 100 of these fish bowl valentines at the ready. They are super easy and the bags come in bundles of 100 and I bought one got one free at Michael's last week. And the fish came home with my husband from the bulk department at Wegmans, and he went nuts with this...so I have like 2 pounds of swedish fish to use up. So Rebecca, come on over! Gosh if you want I can mail the extra treat bags to you and email you the printable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Likes AmyP, Harmonystar liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the chinese take outs/ fortune cookie valentines. You KNOW, fortune cookies are yummy when dipped in candy melts and sprinkles! They were free from the Chinese take out place for us And Wegmans gave us $20 bucks off our groceries because their food court was out of them today!

Rah Rah is GRAMMA in our house...hee hee! Cute, huh?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Mom Scraps View Post
    Beth, can you do an extra 36 kid valentines and 3 teacher ones? Lol
    I am so swamped right now, so we aren't going all out. I found some cute cards and pencils for the kids, but I honestly forgot about the teachers...geesh;)

Seriously Rebecca, I could. I could mail them to you (teacher ones, too) in a box I think..... I have way more than I need. Would love to pay it foward to you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nutsaboutgabe View Post
    I forgot to include this pin. It's Star Wars themed and we're not Star Wars fans, but I still thought it was really cute and similar to the lollipop idea.

http://pinterest.com/pin/314689092682401758/
    OMGosh - taht is awesome! I knew I shouldnt have looked in this thread - I was trying to be perfectly happy w/ the store bought ones my mom bought for the kids (included tattoos and nto candy!) but now I really want to make these for my oldest! LOL
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast