Thread: On beyond Mom

Post Thanks / Like

Question On beyond Mom

I'm not exactly sure how to word this, but here goes. I see a lot of baby kits but they are all for sons and daughters. I'm scrapping my nephew (and my kitty) and I don't see a lot of nephew/niece/aunt/uncle type stuff. I understand that a lot of scrappers are moms, but I'd personally like to see some stuff (even if it's just some add on pack and such) thrown in to expand beyond the Mommy/Daddy Son/Daughter thing.

2. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: On beyond Mom

Are you looking for anything specific? I know that when it comes to scrapping the baby/kid pictures, most any type of general/baby elements would work, just not the mommy/daddy specific word art. Are you looking just for aunt/uncle type word art, or most specific types of elements?

Post Thanks / Like

More aunt/nephew type stuff, personally. I won't even see him until November. I'm new at this and not very creative yet, but things like favorite nephew, world's best nephew, nephew quote, aunt quote, proud auntie etc. which is I was thinking more along the lines of an add on or included with mom and dad stuff as opposed to it's own kit, if that makes sense. But I thought they might be nice options to have out there. Even grandson, grandma, grandpa type stuff, now that I think of it - though that may be out there. I just thought of that and honestly haven't looked (Next on the list!). Thanks for asking - I hope this makes it more clear and not more confusing!

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh, I second this. I don't have any kids, so I'd also love to see some niece/nephew kits and definitely some big sister/little sister kits. Those of us who don't have any children kind of get the short end of the stick in the scrapping world. I know there are SOME but nowhere near the amount of mom/baby kits!

It makes me think of one of my favorite Friends quotes, when Monica first sees her nephew: "I will always have gum." That would be an amazing word art/word bit. ^_^

6. Likes altimasport, Sarah, daisysmiles4you liked this post