Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on Me re: Flooding

Hi All,

If I seem a bit MIA or scattered-brain recently it's because that I have been facing with flooding problems the past few days. Some of you might already be aware of this but I just thought to share my complete story with you all.

I live in Jakarta, Indonesia, and we have been having traffics, flooding problem for a while now. Flooding is actually nothing new to use. Our home had been flooded in 2002 and 2007 and there have always been smaller floods (just on the road but didn't enter our house).

Well, 2013 seemed to be another big flood year. To make the story short our house was flooded starting Jan 15th (Tuesday). We evacuated to a local hotel because there was no electricity and clean water. My family and I spent around 5 days in the hotel and just returned home yesterday.

My house is actually being renovated to make the 1st floor higher so there wasn't too much damage. We're all safe and sound but just a bit displaced and busy cleaning up.

Here are the story of the flood if you are interested to read: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...248788/1/.html

And here are some photos. I am proud to say that I still kept up with my p365.

This is my Grandma's house, you can see how high the water is.

This is the road and houses in front of my house.

The good news is that I brought my laptop and all the essential gadgets so at least I wasn't too bored in the hotel and could get some designing done.

Aftermath: Some of the furniture was ruined and very smelly. They've been cleaned and scrubbed and now aired to dry and to try to get rid of the flooding smell. This was my Aunt's house, which is right next to ours.

msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Update on Me re: Flooding

Oh dear Angela! I'm sorry to see how this has affected you and your family. I have seen it on the news. Hoping all will be better soon.
    m
    Michelle

3. Thanks Angelclaud thanked for this post
    Ricki is online now *Sugar Cookie*
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my
    To see in in photo's up close is so different than hearing about it on the news.
    Hoping all will be well!!!!

AngelclaudArtroom, SeatroutScraps, GingerScrapsAdTeam & SnickerdoodleDesigns.

5. Thanks Angelclaud thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

BUMMER! Thanks for updating us! I'm sorry you had to go through all that - but glad to hear you are back home (and glad you brought your electronics with you so you didnt get too bored!)
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

7. Thanks Angelclaud thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear this Angela! Glad you were able to make the best out of a crappy situation!

9. Thanks Angelclaud thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

OH NO!! so glad u r all okay and hope the flooding is done for now...so horrible and scary!

guess I'm a tad late

11. Thanks Angelclaud thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Angel, I am so sorry that you guys are continually being flooded. You seem to be in good spirits though, so I commend you for that!! I hope that the remodel of raising your 1st floor helps in the future.

Good luck with the clean-up.

13. Thanks Angelclaud thanked for this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Angela!! Good idea on the remodel, hopefully it will help in the future. My family in the Phillipines has that happen to them often, too. Take care and good luck with the clean up. Did you have to discard some items? Glad that everyone is okay, HUGS!!!!

15. Thanks Angelclaud thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Since the flooding happened a couple of times before we are actually quite used to it already and know what to do to keep the damage minimal. This time we did lose a whole refrigerator of food because there wasn't electricity for 5 days so everything went bad.

17. Dislikes Colleen disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Angela, I'm glad that this time the damage was minimal (but I'd be annoyed about the food--such a waste!). Those pics do make it real. But I'm glad you could at least stay at the hotel so you had electricity/water.
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

19. Thanks Angelclaud thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast