Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Time to upgrade to a new computer

I fixed the post. Ellipses cause issues ;)

2. Thanks daisysmiles4you thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if Windows 8 is a bad so much as it is different. People tend to hate change, especially if they don't really understand it. Just look at FB, for example. Every time they make a change, people make petitions wanting to go back to the way it was, then they learn how to use it get used to it, FB brings out another change and the whole process starts again with people wanting to keep the last change that they wanted to not have so badly not that long ago. (And if you followed that run on sentence, I'm very impressed!) The review I read on pcmag many moons ago said that it had it's good points, it's bad points, but once you figured things out it was good. I remember that it both started up faster and shut down faster than snow leopard (or whatever Mac's latest OS is) mainly because it really surprised the reviewer. *shrug* I have my momentary qualms about changing, but the older the OS is the less efficient it is and the worse it will work with newer programs. They're designed for the newer OS's so that's what they work best with. Not to mention being designed to work with the minimum system specs the newer OS's have as well! It sucks (and I still don't know where everything in windows 7 is) to learn a new way of doing things, but sometimes it helps. I remember how much better...um, I think it was vista was than xp. (now I'm dating myself!) More stable and all that. I'll reserve judgement and see how it handles and most likely end up getting it next year when i get a new laptop (or if this one dies). I don't know of that helps, but I tried as well as I could considering I haven't used Windows 8. *shrug*

Three cheers for Sarah, fixing the thread!

And I so want to through my laptop sometimes, though not for the same reasons!

Post Thanks / Like

I am using an Acer laptop which I know is a cheapie but it has worked fine for me. These are the specs:

6 GB DDR3 Memory

750 GB HDD

Intel Core 13-2330M (2.2 GHz, 3MB L3 cache) whatever that is

Intel HD graphics 3000 up to 1760 MB Dynamic video memory

Intel wireless display

It was less than 500.00 at Best Buy. It was a couple of years ago but still using it and works great.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both a desktop and a laptop. The laptop is new ... a pre-Christmas gift from DH. Laptop specs:

ASUS with a 1T HD; Processor: Intel Core i7-6310QM 2.30 GHz; RAM: 8 GB

I love my desktop PC - its fairly new, too, and I really thought that I wouldn't use the laptop that much. I have been proven totally wrong! I love the laptop. It really handles PS (CS5) really well. I don't carry it out of the house much ... and, it's a good thing, because it is heavy. That's the only drawback to it. However, it was never my intention to carry it around other than to take it along when we go on trips. It does allow me to scrapbook wherever my DH is in the house, and that is what he intended when he gave it to me. I've only had it since November, but so far it is working great! Good luck finding something!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123