Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Time to upgrade to a new computer....

Gosh there are lots of choices out there. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the subject. I like the macbook pro 15 inch, but it's just not affordable. And I fear losing alot of my files, scrapping, actions, styles, brushes, other software, etc. in making a total switch to mac. I may stay pc for now, as I won't have time to dedicate to learning a new system untiil summer. But this discussion is SO useful, thank you, GingerScraps ladies!

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered myself a new HP Pavilion that I customized on their website to have a larger hard-drive and other great features (with the help of my computer guru brother). The main I went with the pavilion is my husband just got Windows 8 on a new computer and I, personally, don't like it, so I opted to get myself a new computer that still had windows 7 and the Pavilion was one that did.

If you're worried about a learning curve, Windows 8 has a big one. I'm currently a Vista user and I find Windows 8 a lot more difficult, so if the learning curve is your biggest concern for choices, then keep in mind Windows 8 seems to have a big learning curve

Post Thanks / Like

Amy, thanks for letting me know that about windows 8. I have vista, and am pretty used to that, and where things for photoshop go, etc. I was wondering that about windows 8. Also, I was just crusing around the HP site and wondered if they customized for customers. Good to know! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Amy, is the keyboard back lit on that HP pavillion?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BethLang View Post
    Amy, is the keyboard back lit on that HP pavillion?
    You can get it backlit if you customize. I got mine with a backlit keyboard but it did cost a bit more

Post Thanks / Like

I switched from PC to Mac (less then one year ago), and everything of mine transferred just fine. I absolutely love all the features a Mac has for navigating and whatnot. I will never ever ever go back to PC. lol lol lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BethLang View Post
    Gosh there are lots of choices out there. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the subject. I like the macbook pro 15 inch, but it's just not affordable. And I fear losing alot of my files, scrapping, actions, styles, brushes, other software, etc. in making a total switch to mac. I may stay pc for now, as I won't have time to dedicate to learning a new system untiil summer. But this discussion is SO useful, thank you, GingerScraps ladies!

7. Likes Ricki liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I totally cannot access the second page of this thread (I get a 403 forbidden and a 404 not found - 2 errors for the price of one!) but I plan on getting a new laptop in the next year or so. I cannot afford Macs so once again it will be pc. For me, I want 8 GB ram and other wise I'm not too sure at this point. I may drool over macs, but I don't learn well on my own so trying to figure it probably would not be best. I know I want Ram, a good (fast) processor and other than that I haven't looked into stuff. I also go to pcmag and look up reviews. Although I'm not looking forward to learning Windows 8, I'm hoping there will be improvements in speed and ease of use. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

i'm a loyal DELL scrapper and use a laptop with 8mgs of ram and 500 gs hard drive, but I also have 3 EHDs, 1T, 500GS, and one back up drive.

The only thing that would hold me back from getting a new computer right now is Window8, have not heard too many positive things about it yet, anyone have any more info on Windows8?

I'd like to up to a MAC but it's a big step and $$$$, maybe someday.

Good luck and have fun with your new computer whatever you decide on, it's always fun to get a new "toy"

Proudly Creating for
    Ginger Scraps CT - Connie Prince - Luv Ewe - Little Rad Trio
    Amy Martin - Lynne-Marie - Sas Designs
    Guesting for Kaye Winiecki

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daisysmiles4you View Post
    Okay, I totally cannot access the second page of this thread (I get a 403 forbidden and a 404 not found - 2 errors for the price of one!) but I plan on getting a new laptop in the next year or so. I cannot afford Macs so once again it will be pc. For me, I want 8 GB ram and other wise I'm not too sure at this point. I may drool over macs, but I don't learn well on my own so trying to figure it probably would not be best. I know I want Ram, a good (fast) processor and other than that I haven't looked into stuff. I also go to pcmag and look up reviews. Although I'm not looking forward to learning Windows 8, I'm hoping there will be improvements in speed and ease of use. Good luck!

Krissy, I am in the same boat! It looks like cost is going to keep me in PC land, and i do want at least 8 GB ram, too. Thanks for recommending pcmag for reviews. I had not heard of that. Thanks for sharing!

11. Likes daisysmiles4you liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This is good information! My laptop was working fine for me as a scrapper, but now that I am designing, it is simply not fast enough. Somedays I just want to throw it out a window!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast