Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default How do you do it?

How do you guys choose what to get in sales? There is so much that looks good and I have so little. I keep drooling over kits now that I've made my first layout (and my first siggie). My head is whirling as I try to decide what to get! If only I could get rid of all my bills.....

A question, though - I've tried searching and I'm not really finding a whole lot (not that I expected to) but can anyone point me in the direction of kit(s) for Aunts to use? I see a ton for Moms and Dads - but he's not my kid! I searched nephew and found one kit (and I'm not exactly sure why....) and aunt and found a lot of Halloween stuff (most likely cause if you add an h you get haunt). I saw the family tree one, but that's not exactly right. Nothing with fave nephew or anything. A lot of that's my little boy and such. If there's nothing I"ll just keep stalking the store and releases and crossing my fingers, but I figured I'd ask just in case my search methods are inadequate.

Thanks everyone!!

2. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How do you do it?

usually things that specific r hard to find ANYWHERE! but what i do is use a kit i like and make WA or put in a request for WA. that is easier than a whole kit and with some tips its not hard to learn to make WA this then opens u up to so many more kits to use

guess I'm a tad late

4. Thanks daisysmiles4you thanked for this post
    Likes daisysmiles4you, missdamsel liked this post
    missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Very true!! And you can put in requests here: http://forums.gingerscraps.net/forum...Suggestion-Box Not that all requests are filled, but we have a couple great ladies that do WONDERFUL word Art and when I see requests that would fit well with a particular designer I let them know! I hope that helps, I could use some great Nephew word art as well!!

6. Thanks daisysmiles4you thanked for this post
    Likes daisysmiles4you liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

I 'understand' the dilemma you are having about "aunts". Here is my suggestion [dang- always have an opinion]
    Forget the mostly "themed" kits...Instead, go with: the colors that coordinate with your photos, kits that go with the 'season' of your photos or pics that go with an event [birthday, Christmas, the beach.....]
    THEN-
    just add text!!!
    Inspired Designs here has some awesome family text or just use a font and create your own.

You wil be fine.
    m
    Michelle

8. Thanks daisysmiles4you thanked for this post
    Likes daisysmiles4you, Colleen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I sort by prices and see what's the best in the cheapest range! That way I can pick a few more things and keep within a sensible scrapping budget. Since we have the new buffet unveiling and bake sale at the beginning of the month, I like to traipse through the bake sale (1-5 of the month) and snag some good finds. I know what style I like and which designers do that style, so I go to their individual shops and search for sales/good deals.

Have you gone through the welcome wagon and downloaded every thing our designers have as freebies for new forum members? That gives a pretty good feel for their styles and might help you hone in on what you want during sales!

10. Thanks daisysmiles4you thanked for this post
    Likes daisysmiles4you, Colleen, Jacque liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly what I was going to say! I pick a kit based on the colors and how it matched my photos. Then I will use word art to make the layout mine if need be. If the layout is really theme specific - the zoo, Disney, the beach, museums... I will look for a themed kit for those. As for deciding what to buy. I usually wait for it to go on sale. I think I have bought maybe 1-2 kits that weren't on sale. Let me tell you I had an internal struggle before I clicked on purchase. I am sure they sat in my cart for a week too. I even debate when the kit is on sale. I am really cost effective! Haha
    Quote Originally Posted by msbrad View Post
    I 'understand' the dilemma you are having about "aunts". Here is my suggestion [dang- always have an opinion]
    Forget the mostly "themed" kits...Instead, go with: the colors that coordinate with your photos, kits that go with the 'season' of your photos or pics that go with an event [birthday, Christmas, the beach.....]
    THEN-
    just add text!!!
    Inspired Designs here has some awesome family text or just use a font and create your own.

You wil be fine.
    m

12. Likes daisysmiles4you liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Like Christina said - the bake sale and buffet are awesome ways to add to your supplies every month at great prices too.

The designers are also retiring lots of awesome kits right now at phenomenal deals - you should check that out too! ;)

14. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    The designers are also retiring lots of awesome kits right now at phenomenal deals - you should check that out too! ;)
    Trust me, she is ;)
    She keeps asking ME which to get. I'm not a good judge. I go "Buy all the kits" both literally and figuratively

16. Likes daisysmiles4you liked this post
    msbrad is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    Like Christina said - the bake sale and buffet are awesome ways to add to your supplies every month at great prices too.

yes - this too.
    AND... the wonderful designers here at GS have awesome welcome treats.

m
    Michelle

18. Likes daisysmiles4you liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes, I hit the welcome wagon. I'm sorry - I really wasn't thinking a whole aunt/nephew/niece themed kit - just something that might have that type of thing hidden away in them. I'm still not sure what everything is and I have one layout I've never used text in. And I'm even less sure on word art. lol. Next weekend's project, I guess. I've been debating for days on the whole retirement sales.

And Sarah, I only asked if it would be worth it to get all the essentials - my biggest debate. :p

I have all these lovely coupon codes from the welcome wagon, though some don't seem to work. I also follow everyone on FB, though I'm hesitant on clogging my inbox with emails so I'm debating that.

Thanks for the suggestion on the suggestions! I'll have to hit that section up - but as I need to put clothes away and get to sleep, it won't happen till Friday. I work four very long days (especially when we have overtime which we do at least on Monday) so I'll probably do it then.

Thank you all so much for your comments and suggestions! You are all so nice and helpful and I appreciate it!

20. Likes Ambelleina liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast