Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DH is in trouble

Well, DH is out of the dog house lol. He called at got the speed bumped up (on a promo, so it's FREE!) and he got free HBO for 3 months. YEA! So, I guess I'll keep him around a little longer. ;)
    Trina, I disliked your post because (1) the bad internet would just be annoying and (2) a TWO-year contract?! Yuck. I hope it gets better--like, they improve the service or something!
    Wendy, I can't imagine having spotty internet. Slow is OK cuz at least you can get stuff DLed (eventually), but to have it just go out would drive me NUTS.
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

2. Likes Neverland Scraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tree City View Post
    Wendy, I can't imagine having spotty internet. Slow is OK cuz at least you can get stuff DLed (eventually), but to have it just go out would drive me NUTS.
    We dealt with spotty internet/cable for three years while living in GA. they (The cable company) told us that it was due to the solar flares :O
    So now here in D.C. we are kind of used to it. It gets old sometimes, especially when Im talking with someone that I've not talked to in a long time or trying to pay a bill. But my parents understand when they call and we get disconnected. They know to try again. If they still can't get me, then I call them back when the internet comes back on. Its a pain, but really...what do you do when there is only one company contracted for that military base?!

Oh we have vonage, which is why the phone keeps going out as its linked to the internet. The worst is cable. It usually goes out with less than 10 minutes left of a tv show. I hate that, especially if its Criminal Minds and you can't watch that online unless you pay to do so! But like I said, for the most part, we've dealt with it for a few years. While it does stink, its better than nothing......
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

Post Thanks / Like

This thread just cracked me up! So glad you got it fixed! Are we all crazy, digi-loving nuts or what?! ...glad to know I"m not the only one that goes a lil crazy when I can't DL as fast as I!!! think I should be able to-lol!

5. Likes daisysmiles4you liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I so totally agree! I want it to be instant. I'm also not sure I could handle spotty internet service. But that's not the worst computer related thing in my life. It's when my Mom calls (or when we were together, my ex-boyfriend) on my 15 minute break at work when I don't have a computer and want me to figure out what is wrong with whatever program/internet/password/ipad/printer problem they're having. I can't even see what the screen says so how can I solve it in less than 15 minutes (it takes a few to get on and off the floor, for the phone to connect, etc.)? I appreciate that she has faith in my computer abilities (as overrated as they may be), but really - I'm a data entry person, not an it guru with a psychic connection to whatever system is causing problems! At least Penny never asks me to fix computer problems. Of course, she's a cat so not using the computer as anything other than a nice warm seat!

Last time we got a cable package we ended up with free premium channels for a while that we didn't know we had (so we never actually watched them) and didn't realize when they became unfree - other than the bill going up. And we had issues accessing the bills and understanding the gobblygook so it was a while before we discovered it and got rid of them. Next step is to unearth the cable modem I own, see if it will work, and return the one we're "renting" from them. Every little bit helps!

Glad to hear DH redeemed himself. That was an important thing for him to do!

7. Likes Tree City liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLittleNothingness View Post
    This thread just cracked me up! So glad you got it fixed! Are we all crazy, digi-loving nuts or what?! ...glad to know I"m not the only one that goes a lil crazy when I can't DL as fast as I!!! think I should be able to-lol!
    Yup, we are all crazy, digi-loving nuts. I know I sound silly complaining about slow internet, but I knew my GS friends would understand.
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

9. Likes Ricki, daisysmiles4you liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yea - Sara has speedy internet again! I'd have gone crazy too ... I pay the internet bills around here, so I won't ever have to worry about something like that! LOL! Glad you are back among the speedsters Sara!

11. Likes daisysmiles4you, Tree City liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I would SO not be happy about that either! My DH loves fast connections as much as I do though, so he's happy to keep what we have.

13. Likes Tree City liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

wow lol. I am the account holder for our internet so I am glad hubs can't do that to me. I'd totally be cancelling some magazines and stuff he gets lol.

Post Thanks / Like

sara so glad u have your fast speed back i think i find it most irritating being in the US and not being able to get hi speed in so many places. my internet keeps going down for apprx. 14 hrs then comes back on but can take 5 mins. to load ONE PAGE!!!! (this does however make people happy as i'm much quieter LOL) arguing with the company as they came out to fix it once but it messed up a few hours later and they want me to pay them to fix their equipment. i think NOT. so thinking of switching companies but still will be on satellite so not going to change much

hmmmmm maybe if it was faster i'd get more done OFFline ;)

guess I'm a tad late

Post Thanks / Like

Oh No!!! I think I'd kill Iain if she downgraded our internet!

17. Likes Tree City liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast