Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DH is in trouble

No husband here and I pay for and decide the internet speeds. Not that I really understand it all (I've never cared enough to look into it). I just have to make sure Mom has all her tv stations. Our issue is that our cable modem gets a weak signal since it's on a line that's branched off what is apparently a branched off cable line. *sigh* I'd love to move it to a line with a stronger signal. Then only issue is that it has to be in the room so Mom's desktop can hook into the router. If only I could make her desktop wireless.... It will be years before she gets a new one. I definitely understand the need for speed and although I'm not a fan of the cost, I don't ever consider doing without it. The question is, I suppose, is will your DH notice the change in speeds.....before the bill comes in?

missdamsel is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Krissy, you should check into these power internet thingies (technical term, I swear!!). In the apartment DH and I shared and office and were both hard wired, not we are separate and my desktop is not wireless. He bought this thingie at Best Buy (I will see if I can find it and post a link) where you just plug it into the wall and into the computer (1 at each computer and wala!! Internet appears!! Let me go look for the link....

3. Likes daisysmiles4you liked this post
    missdamsel is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_161kqj27tr_e here is what we bought. Works great!! We bough the Belkin one at Best buy, biut there are lots of brands and lots of places you can get them.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Missi! I'll have to try to figure that out. I don't have the time at the moment for a close look, but it looks promising. (Sorry about the thread jacking!) I'll have to look later...I actually have a write in I'm trying to hit this afternoon. Though the howling wind, the pouting puppy, and the sad-eyed kitten all are telling me to stay home.

scrapjrlgcp is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Sara I really hope you got your fast internet back...i would hate having such slow speeds that you could not even dl the MM I am glad he told you why it was being slow instead of just acting like he had no clue what was going on

7. Likes Tree City, daisysmiles4you liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nutsaboutgabe View Post
    I'd be upset if my DH did it without discussing it with me. Does it save that much money? We had considering switching our service provider from one provider to another and I told my husband I didn't want to because it would be leaving cable Internet and going to DSL. I'm not a fan. If it were less $...maybe I would consider it, but it's the same $. I pay the bills anyway and my DH is very much hands off in the bill paying category.
    oh, I'm sure it's just about money! Or rather, since he doesn't really need high speed internet at home, he doesn't think we need to spend money on it. He just wasn't thinking about what *I* use it for, even though he sees me scrapping/writing/etc like every day lol! (Maybe he didn't realize how big some kits are?) I totally forgot to call today but I told DH that I was going to change it. He pays the bill so he'd see the price. He said he'll call tomorrow--and I told him that if he didn't, I'd call to upgrade the speed AND our cable package. LOL!
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

9. Likes daisysmiles4you liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Krissy, I was going to mention the Belkin thingy that Missi mentioned. Hopefully you can figure something out. Darn those old non-wireless desktops! ;)
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

11. Thanks daisysmiles4you thanked for this post
    Likes daisysmiles4you liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I know. Now we have to save up for it! Mom's for it since getting the internet out of that loop will get rid of one of the branches and improve her picture. It will have to wait until after the trip to Dubai for Mom to meet her grandson. Definitely more important!

Nice move with the cable upgrade threat. I would probably still forget to call. My memory isn't the best. I still do that whole if I don't see it I can totally forget it exists! A possible silver lining - you'll really appreciate the high speed of the high speed internet?

13. Likes Tree City liked this post
    trina513 is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

Yes our internet was switched to a diff company (a year or so ago now?! i dont remember when - it feelsl ike its been forever!) - with the promise of cheaper rates and same speed - what a bunch of BS!! My internet has been so spotty and not trust worty and slow and frustrating! Its annoying!!! I cant wait until the "2 year contract" is over and we can go back to the old provider!!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

15. Dislikes daisysmiles4you, Tree City disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! Im so sorry this has happened to you! When we lived in GA, we paid of the best speeds, however we were lucky if we had dial-up speeds. It would literally take me an hour to download anything over 30mb. I hated it. Its a little bit faster here in D.C., but I also pay almost double the price I was paying in GA! :O I understand it taking a long time to download. Most days Im lucky if I can get a kit downloaded in a half-hour to an hour if my internet doesn't time out or we lose it completely.

Good luck getting your fast speeds back!!
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

17. Likes trina513 liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast