Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default DH is in trouble

Without telling me, my DH downgraded our internet speed to the. slowest. they. sell.
    So, how do I find out? I click on the Download Links for Winter Romance, the Monthly Mix (<---- go check out the kit if you haven't yet!), and OMG, it says "1 hour" to DL one of the links (I'd clicked on 3...the other 2 said like 30 minutes each). So I just grumble to DH "What the heck? Why is this so slow?!" And he just shrugs and says "Oh, I downgraded our internet. It's not a big deal." NOT A BIG DEAL?! I'm an impatient woman. Very impatient. I don't have an hour to wait for stuff to DL when it used to take like 3 minutes to DL! So, if I'm not around, it's because I'm selling plasma, a kidney, and whatever else I can so that we can get our 1.3MB/sec speed back! lol
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

2. Likes trina513, Juliemomof4, mamaape, chigirl liked this post
    Dislikes trina513, Ambelleina disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Um, no. Not cool. Into the hole with him!!!! Hope you don't have to sell too many body parts to get it back!

4. Likes trina513, Tree City liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DH is in trouble

I would be p****d too if DH downgraded my Internet speed without discussing it with me. Hope that you'll get your faster speed back soon!

6. Likes Tree City liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe how annoyed I am about this. I know I don't "need" fast internet lol. It's a want, not a need! But I think DH doesn't understand why I want faster internet: I'm a SAHM, whose family lives over 1,000 miles away. Some days the only interaction I have with other adults is by computer, so of course I want my email to load quickly! And I want things to DL quickly so I can click every DL link at once instead of clicking one at a time over a period of hours--I don't have the patience to worry about checking the DL status.
    And yes, I realize that the internet used to be dial-up modems and very very slow. But that doesn't mean I can't want my fast interwebs back lol.
    Pinterest Twitter

8. Likes trina513 liked this post
    missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

luckily with hubbs being in IT and a gamer I don't think I will have to worry about this (Although he tried to do away with internet when we moved!!). We even keep him on wired internet so my DL ing won't slow his game down!

I feel for ya Sara, we could start a help Sara keep her fast interwebs FB page!! Then we could let others pay for your interwebs instead of you selling body parts!! Oooooh, we could get a collab together to sell.

10. Likes Ricki, Tree City liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

lol Missi, that cracked me up! He has super fast speed at work and he doesn't DL anything at home. I think he just didn't understand that I DL probably 2 to 10GB per week (depending on CT reqs and good ol' DS sales lol). Plus there's streaming music and I watch Netflix on my computer/Wii. HELLO, I need fast internet! Shouldn't a guy be happy that his wife wants faster internet speed? (Shoot, I wanted a 55" flat screen and he only wanted 36". The guy at Best Buy was like "Dude, listen to your wife on this." LOL! We compromised on 40" with a promise we'd get a projector screen when we buy a house.)
    Pinterest Twitter

12. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so thankful I don't have to deal with that. If anything, Josh would hook me up with the faster internet.

14. Likes mamaape, Tree City liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah, want to trade husbands? Our names (although spelled differently) are the same, so they wouldn't even have to learn a new name! I'm going to call today and get a faster speed. If he can "turn it down" without telling me, then I can turn it back up without telling him!
    Last edited by Tree City; 01-19-2013 at 06:28 PM.
    Pinterest Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, no thanks. I like my Josh.
    Good luck!

17. Likes Tree City liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sara...nothing personal but i doubt i'd be on the list to help pay for better service. i can't afford my own. i pay almost $100 per month for very very very slow internet and can only use 10g a MONTH unless i want to DL between 1-7am!!!!!! and watch netflix or a movie...heck i can't even watch a 2 min YouTube video without loading it, pausing it for about 30 mins til it fully loads

but i'll help with yours if u can get me real internet where i live!!! its only 100 yards from my house and everyone says too bad!!!! arghhhh

do hope u get it back on fast again though...it definitely does suck

guess I'm a tad late

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast