Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default January's Scrap Your Read Challenge!

Hopefully you've been reading along with this month's Hey Good Bookin' Book Club selection, Switched (Trylle, #1). While trying not to give away too much information about the book, for those who aren't finished with it yet, I found it to be quite a thrilling story. When we first meet Wendy, she is a 17 year old girl who's lived a hard life, but nothing quite prepares her for the changes that are coming. Her world is turned upside down in one conversation, and the true adventure of her life begins.

It was hard, at times, to read the story of this young girl without being able to sit down with her and give her advice and support as she struggles to find her way in her challenging new life. And that fact is the inspiration from which I bring you this month's Scrap Your Read Challenge.

Imagine your 17 year old self, the struggles you were facing (whether true heartbreak of life or the clouded teenage judgement that the world is rough and you'll never survive), and the advice you so desperately wished you could gain from your future self. If you could sit down with your younger self, what advice would you give, what answers could you share, what encouragement would you use to hug yourself and assure your younger version that it really will be ok in the end?

For this month's Scrap Your Read challenge, write a letter to your 17 year old self, sharing the valuable wisdom you've learned in the years since. When you're done, upload your layout in the Scrap Your Read Challenge Gallery, and here in this thread. Layouts are due by January 30th.

Anyone can play along and submit a layout, even if you haven't read this month's book, so don't be shy!

On the last day of the month, I will randomly pick one participant from this month's challenge to receive a $5 gift card to either Amazon or Barnes & Noble! So make sure your layout is uploaded and sitting pretty in the gallery by the end of the month, or you won't be put in the pool for the prize

Questions? Just let me know!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: January's Scrap Your Read Challenge!

This is such a cool challenge!! I hope we see a few Layouts