Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: to do list

Post Thanks / Like

Default to do list

What's on your to do list today?

I need to finish my cover letter and hopefully by the time I finish it, my current manager will have sent me my letter of recommendation. I don't want to have to ask him if he did it yet...but I'm getting impatient. There are two openings for the IT department in the school district we live in and I want one of them, but applying for both. I'm capable of both, but I'd be happier doing the one that pays less...but fortunate to have the one that pays more.

missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm, I think I may pack (since we move Saturday) but do toe appointment first and the. We shall see!!

Good luck Barabara!!

3. Thanks nutsaboutgabe thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: to do list

This morning I went to the swimming pool, now I'll have to set up all the things for tomorrow: I'll start a class of press office (I really don't know if this is the correct term in english to translate what I mean....lol), it will take me only one week, full time.

Good luck Barbara!

5. Likes nutsaboutgabe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Missi - have fun packing. We moved in July 2012 and I tell ya...I remember the pain like it was yesterday.
    Last edited by missdamsel; 01-09-2013 at 05:46 PM.

prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

I hope to be feeling better so I can get more house work done and some designing, and later today Ana's dance class starts again

8. Likes nutsaboutgabe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you're on the mend. I know I was down and out for most of December. I usually only get a "cold" once a year and this year I had that in the summer and then December was unlike anything I've ever had before. I just felt like crud.

Quote Originally Posted by prettyingreen View Post
    I hope to be feeling better so I can get more house work done and some designing, and later today Ana's dance class starts again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nutsaboutgabe View Post
    What's on your to do list today?

I need to finish my cover letter and hopefully by the time I finish it, my current manager will have sent me my letter of recommendation. I don't want to have to ask him if he did it yet...but I'm getting impatient. There are two openings for the IT department in the school district we live in and I want one of them, but applying for both. I'm capable of both, but I'd be happier doing the one that pays less...but fortunate to have the one that pays more.
    Wow, just yesterday, after reading your goals post, I thought to myself you should apply at your local school district. We have techs that work full time but most work 6.5 hours a day, 10 months a year and you get the same school breaks as the kids - it's a sweet gig!

Best of luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa, I had been stalking the school district website for a while and I was so excited to see 2 postings pop up. My resume was already up to date but to apply I need to have a cover letter (not a fan), a letter of recommendation (waiting for it from my mgr), my resume (of course, duh!) AND my college transcripts! I have my transcripts somewhere but that was almost 13 years ago so I had to fork out $15 to have them faxed to me so I didn't sprout another gray hair searching for them.

I'm hopeful to get one of the two positions and I'd love a modified schedule like the one you mentioned, but I have no idea what the schedule is like. I'm just hoping to find something I want to do before I don't have a job. Although, I will have 6 months severance if I do not find something on my own before my position is done. As much as I've love to have 6 months of not working, I fear it will be harder to find a job in this economy if I wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Wow, just yesterday, after reading your goals post, I thought to myself you should apply at your local school district. We have techs that work full time but most work 6.5 hours a day, 10 months a year and you get the same school breaks as the kids - it's a sweet gig!

Best of luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Superduper good luck wishes and good thoughts being sent your way, Barbara!

I have nothing to do today. Cook dinner. And I want to get some Just Dance in. Two more weeks of "nothing to do" before school starts! ^_^

13. Thanks nutsaboutgabe thanked for this post
    missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

This will be move #3 in 16 months. I am done for a while!!

Quote Originally Posted by nutsaboutgabe View Post
    Thanks Missi - have fun packing. We moved in July 2012 and I tell ya...I remember the pain like it was yesterday.

15. Likes nutsaboutgabe liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast