Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Boy In The Suitcase - Unofficial Discussion Thread :)

Since this book was picked as a monthly read late last year, but personal issues kept me from following through with the monthly discussion thread for it (and because it got a relatively good number of votes for this month's read), I decided the book The Boy in the Suitcase needed it's own 'unofficial' book club thread this month!

It's been a while since I read this one, but the idea of cracking it open a second time to skim it again makes my smile (especially since I discovered it's part of a series!!!).

If you read along with it the previous month it was picked, or if you were brave enough to try and tackle both books this month, how did you feel about The Boy in the suitcase? Did your poor heart break for Sigita as she tries to convince authorities her 3 year old son had been kidnapped? Did Nina's blind agreement to pick up the suitcase for her friend leave you baffled? Did her wild, riveting race to protect herself and the boy leave you on the edge of your seat? What about the sad underlying story we're told as the ending of the book unfolds - did your heart break in two for the family doing what they could to save their child, or was the whole story making your blood boil?

I really liked the book on its own, but knowing I get to follow Nina along another crazy adventure or two gives a whole new level of love to the story for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Boy In The Suitcase - Unofficial Discussion Thread :)

I'm reading this now and am in the middle. Didn't know there was a series to this too. More to add to my list to read.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else read this? I have 80 pages to go and only 3 days left as it's due back to the library. UGGG!

Post Thanks / Like

I did! I was hard to read, I'll admit...some parts of the story were just heartbreaking (to me) and painful to get through...but I do think it was worth finishing. I also thought the last 50 or so pages went faster than the first part of the book...but that could be just me too. I hope you finish it, I'd love to know what you think!

Post Thanks / Like

I am trying to read it but it's dragging. I keep falling asleep as I read right before bed. It jumps a lot which confuses me.