Post Thanks / Like

Default Switched - January Discussion Thread

Man, a day late and a dollar short, eh? Sorry I missed posting the discussion thread yesterday, but between my new semester of college starting, the NCAAF National Championship Game (ROLL TIDE!) and cleaning for the floor installer today, I don't think I sat down for more than a few minutes at a time yesterday! But, I'm excited about this month's book, and hoping someone's ready to discuss it with me!

So, who's picked up their copy of the book and dove into reading this month? I enjoyed the first book so much, I had to go and read the entire trilogy...but I'm so very anxious to hear what YOU think of the book!

Did you fall instantly in love with Finn (or maybe that was just me, lol)? What were your thoughts on Wendy's history - does the story of her past break your heart? Did some of the holes in plot lines and character development leave you twitching and ready to smack the author around a bit?

I want to know your thoughts on the story - good AND bad, so tell me what you think!

missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Switched - January Discussion Thread

I am about 30 pages in....so no discussion from me yet! lol

Post Thanks / Like

I got the audiobooks and I have finished the first one, I have to say that Wendy reminds me a lot of Bella from Twilight and I was a little bit irritated by her. The fact that no-one will explain anything to her and they just expect her to know it all kind of annoyed me a bit too. I didn't love Twilight either but it didn't stop me reading all of them. There is pretty much nothing that I won't try reading/listening to once lol. I did grab the other two books in the trilogy and I will listen to them. I did find it funny though that the reviews seem to be either people loving the book or hating it. I'm kind of hoping that it's much better when read as part of the trilogy then as a stand alone book. Hugs Crystal xx

Proud CT for Jen C Designs, Mad Genius Designs, Moments Scrapped and Little Bit Shoppe Designs.
    *Credits: Siggy's April by Little Bit Shoppe Designs and Springy Garden by Jen C Designs and Twin Mom Scraps*

Post Thanks / Like

I have finished the trilogy too but in my usual fast paced mode so I will be re-reading everything again more slowly. I don't really like Finn myself too and he just came out a bit weird for me. I agree with Crystal that it's annoying how they all kept on expecting Wendy to just "trust" them blindly. It's a bit ridiculous how Finn entered into Wendy's room and revealed that she's a troll and expected her to just leave her family and follow him.

I think I kind of like the plot/suspense in the first part of the novel about Wendy's family problem, how her mother tried to kill her, her relationship with her brother and aunt, it creates a kind of mystery but it all ended fairly quickly. After she discovered who she is and then went with Finn to Forening and it's kind of more boring and plain, just about her trying to adapt to the new place, the different new characters and her relationship with them.

Anyway, that's just a bit from me for now.

Post Thanks / Like

I just peeked in here and saw the book and requested it from my library. We'll see if I have time to get into the discussion.

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished it... like minutes ago. When I got to the end my reaction was "What? Huh? No!" I mean it ended like the end of the chapter with SO much more to tell... which is why it's book one, right?

I want to see what kind of queen Wendy will be and I do want to see her as queen. I think the Trylle have so much to learn from the more purposefully modest upbringing Wendy had. I think she’ll eventually be a great leader. I also kept hoping that there would be some point during the attack where her powers would surface since everyone mentioned how powerful she really was; we didn't get to see it.

I want to read her explaining Rhys to Matt and Maggie too. BTW, how did you pronounce Rhys in your own mind as you were reading; /reese/ or /rice/? I settled on /reese/ but at first I pronounced it differently each time I picked the book up.

I loved Finn! The Wendy and Finn story is the epitome of everything that's wrng with the class-conscious way of thinking. I think Wendy’s past, and her crazy original mother make her stronger, although she may not realize it. I don’t really get how she struggled so much with schools, except that perhaps she needed more help than she got after her mother’s attempt to kill her, If her host mother hadn’t known she was a changeling and raised her as her own, Wendy would have had no trouble becoming a princess. Then again like I said, the more modest upbringing her brother and aunt gave her actually makes her a better candidate for queen.

I will definitely be reading the other books in this trilogy too.

Post Thanks / Like

I read this one pretty fast. (fast meaning I finished before it was due to the library 3 weeks) which is very odd for me. Anyway, I really enjoyed the beginning of the book but it kind of dragged once she was a princess. May have to get the other books because it just ended and I really wanted to know what she was going to tell her brother after she escaped from the queen.

missdamsel is online now *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

I am done!! Yay me!! Ugh!! What a way to end the book, so many questions... Was Finn still tracking her? How did Mattt and Maggie react to Rhys? Does she run away yet again??

Post Thanks / Like

Since it is already the 25th... and I just bought this month book a few minutes ago.... I probably wont finish it on time LOL, but it sounds like a really cool book! I'm hoping to stay on the ball and find out right when the Feb book is picked so I can chat with ya all about it