Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Goals

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2013 Goals

What are you hoping to achieve in 2013? These aren't necessarily resolutions, just things you want to achieve or accomplish in 2013.

For me....

1. Well I will HAVE to get a new job. My position where I am working now will be going away this year. It was supposed to be done at the end of 2012, but it was extended until the end of March and it could be extended again, but I'm looking for a new job and if I find one before March...I'm out. I've had the same job for 11.5 years and I'm not looking forward to the changes a new job brings, but I'm hoping to find something that I will enjoy doing.

2. I'm also working toward being more organized. Purging included!

3. Incorporating exercising into my daily routine again....sooner rather than later.

4. Getting pregnant --but not to have a baby this year! My clock is ticking.

5. I forgot to add we'd like the buy the townhouse we are living in and currently renting...if the landlord puts in the market at a fair price.
    Last edited by nutsaboutgabe; 01-08-2013 at 06:42 PM.

2. Likes Ricki, Juliemomof4 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2013 Goals

Mine are in my sig (lol), but here's some expansion:

1. Maintain my GPA. I started school again this past fall and kept my GPA at a nice 4.0, which was my goal for my first semester back and landed me an invitation to a national honor society. I start the new semester in 2 weeks and I want to maintain that 4.0 since I am transferring in the fall. I am already guaranteed admission, but I want a nice high GPA for possible scholarships. It's difficult working full-time, maintaining household things AND going to school, but I want to keep my GPA up in the fall, as well.

2. Be more physically active. Between work, home and school, I kind of slacked on the physical activity I was doing to well with the first half of the year. I lost 16 lbs, but I'm sure I've gained half of that half. I don't want to set a weight loss goal, but just say I want to be more physically active like, say, at least 30 minutes a day for three days a week on the reg. That's still not enough, but we've all got to start somewhere, right? My new bigger TV and Just Dance 4 should help me out with that!

3. Be creative...craft more! I also stopped scrapping a few months ago because I just didn't have time. In addition to school, life and work, I'm also QC lead and on ad team here. So in the end, I just couldn't scrap with all my responsibilities and I've missed it. Scrapping and crafting helps me destress and after seeing how frazzled I was this past semester, I need to make time to craft and be creative more often.

And a couple more:

4. Make regular "us time" with the boyfriend. We have different work schedules so free time together is a rarity. We're BOTH working full-time and going to school, so when we have free time together, we usually end up sitting in front of our respective computers in separate rooms. I want to make a point to have "us time" where we eat dinner together and watch a movie or put the phones away when we go out to do laundry and just talk instead.

5. De-clutter. I have WAY TOO MUCH clothes. Like way, way too much. And I buy more all the time, so this year I really need to get rid of tons of clothes and de-clutter my apartment in hopes it will de-clutter my soul a little. Too much crap stresses me out and with school and work, available cleaning time is minimal. The less clutter, hopefully the less time needed to clean!

6. Start saving money again. I had a really nice hefty savings, but about $700 of it got depleted throughout the year. That's ok because I still have a grand in there, but I want to get it back to around $2,000 by the end of the year. That's only about $40 a paycheck, which I can TOTALLY do. I just need to make a point to reboot my savings regimen so I can get my emergency fund beefed up again!

4. Likes Ricki, Juliemomof4, mamaape, nutsaboutgabe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

1. getting more creative
    I want to be less organized and precise, and more messy, creative, imaginative. Less rules and more life.

2. trust in my self
    I always put the others before me: they're always better than me from my point of view. So I have to trust more in my capacity, in my potential.

3. get a (beautiful) job
    I just finished the university and here, in Italy, we are having really bad time in the job's world, particular for people of my age.

4. make new friends
    I want to meet new people, enlarge my horizont, to think more unusual.

5. be happy
    there always people less lucky than you.

6. Likes nutsaboutgabe, Ricki, Juliemomof4 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So much easier to do this way, since I already wrote them down

Post Thanks / Like

Really...my resolution this year..is to lift people up. My friends, my family, anyone. Just to be an uplifting influence. Not to get sucked in to gossip, and if other are gossiping around me, to keep my responses positive. My word for the year is uplift

Post Thanks / Like

Sarah: do you read 400 books per year?! more than 1 book a day? O_o lucky you!
    I love reading but my record for 2012 was only 17 books! (I don't count books that I HAVE TO READ for university, work, and so on).

prettyingreen is offline *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

Well I had a lot of ideas of things I'd like to focus on but didn't want to overwhelm myself and end up not improving on anything. So a few nights ago I settled on one main thing, read more and the book of choice is the Bible, I feel it's a good starting point in improving my life

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by violamoni View Post
    Sarah: do you read 400 books per year?! more than 1 book a day? O_o lucky you!
    I love reading but my record for 2012 was only 17 books! (I don't count books that I HAVE TO READ for university, work, and so on).
    I read over 300 last year, so I think I can do 400. I'll be doing a lot of reading on a train ride with Girl Scouts, and another on a road trip to my parents. Thank goodness for my Kindle

12. Likes Colleen, violamoni liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    I read over 300 last year, so I think I can do 400. I'll be doing a lot of reading on a train ride with Girl Scouts, and another on a road trip to my parents. Thank goodness for my Kindle
    Go Sarah!!! ;)
    I have a kindle too (an italian version, not of Amazon, called Kobo) and I love it!!!

14. Likes Colleen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Really good word, Julie.

I think mine is WOO SAH!

2012 was an incredibly stressful year for me. Not necessarily from things I was doing, but from other people around me starting problems, creating drama and inevitably bringing unnecessary stress into my life. (I spent 8 months sharing a cube with a hateful little person who personally insulted me every chance she got. The day she I got a text saying she was fired, I danced on Navy Pier!) I get all worked up, raise my blood pressure and give myself headaches over these people. Everything is so constantly stressful in my life between my family and my relationship and work and school, then others being fricking crazy around me, I really do foresee myself having a stress stroke or heart attack before I hit 40.

So, like my coworkers tell me--WOO SAH!

16. Likes Colleen, nutsaboutgabe liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast