Post Thanks / Like

Default baby announcement

I want to make baby announcements for my newest LO. Do I do this just like I would a normal page and size it to 4x8 or are there special kits/papers that I need? Help please

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: baby announcement

You just have to start your document that size and then you can crop your paper to fit that sized document.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, what Jen said ! Just pick any cute baby kit and start with a new file in 4x8 then resize you papers and elements to fit! That's the beauty if digi scrapping! The kits can be used over and over again in so many ways! Have you checked out the hybrid gallery, you can even make some great gifts!

Post Thanks / Like

wow, you ladies are so much help thank you thank you thank you!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Rebecca,
    I just made these invites for a baby shower I'm throwing. I changed the settings for my LO to 5"x7" and scrapped as usual. I actually changed one thing...because of the LO size I found I had to do alot of cropping for papers and then cropping them distorted the pattern...so I kept my paper as is, overextending it beyond the printable area and then slightly moved the background paper so that I could see my white background a tiny tiny bit and used that as my guide. My first attempt to add text and embellishments I found that I kept cutting them off the page because I couldn't see where my printable area ended. I'm not sure what program you use and if your program has an easier solution but I figured I'd share anyway, incase your using a half a$$ program like me (I use Scrapbook Max).

Here's the first step of my invites, done entirely with digital scrapbooking elements...

This will be a hybrid project because I have small chipboard type rattles and baby clothes that I plan on placing over the digital ones on the invite- so it'll pop a little. I know there's a name for this technique (Julie, your wisdom is needed) but I can't think of it- I've seen it done on alot of greeting cards and the finished product is just adorable!

Ok, that's it, I'm done- sorry this got so long (I can be a bit chatty sometimes) but I hope it helps...

Post Thanks / Like

it's beautiful! Good Job!
    here's what I came up with

Post Thanks / Like

Great job! That came out really well!

Post Thanks / Like

Awww, that came out great!! I love that all the siblings took a pic with baby Cooper and they're the one's "announcing" him...too cute! You did a wonderful job!