Post Thanks / Like

Default Winter Wonderland

Hey ladies, I just posted about this on the GS Facebook page but I wanted to post it here, too, so everyone sees it.

The Newtown PTA is wanting to welcome Sandy Hook students back to school with a winter wonderland. After the recent tragedy, I can't imagine these kids easily coming back to school. To help, they are wanting everyone to create snowflakes of every size, shape and color, remembering that no two snowflakes are the same. White snowflakes, rainbow ones, glitter, shimmery--whatever you can dream up.

Knowing that every child, parent and teacher involved with be affected for the rest of their lives, I want to do anything I can. I am about to make a handful and get them in the mail this week so maybe when the kids come back to school and see their own winter wonderland, they can be happy, innocent children again, even if just for a few moments.

Click the link below for more info, including the address to mail the snowflakes. They are asking that any snowflakes you want to contribute are sent by January 12, 2013.

***Snowflakes for Sandy Hook***

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Winter Wonderland

This is a wonderful idea to welcome the students back. I think I might have to do this with my kids to send.

3. Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bumping this thread for anyone who didn't see it here or on the GS Facebook page.

There's still plenty of time to create some snowflakes and get them mailed in! They have to be there by January 12, 2013 so I think as long as they're in the mail (withing the US--not sure about international timeframes) by Tuesday January 8, you should be good. If you have the time to make even one snowflake, it will make a big difference and show some love to these children who really need it this holiday season.

Here's some inspiration from one of our own fabulous GS ladies who took the time to make a whole mess of snowflakes--and scrap about it!

Post Thanks / Like

This is such a wonderful idea, one of our science teachers had this class make about 500 snowflakes in the last few days before winter break!

For those of us with an embroidery machine, here's a free design to sew out and send... http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/Free.aspx - free til 1/12/2013.

6. Thanks Ambelleina thanked for this post
    Likes Ambelleina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh, that is super cool Lisa! Thanks for posting that.

Makes me wish I had a nifty embroidery machine. ^_^