Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ricki is online now *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My prayers for everyone in Connecticut.

....trying to go about doing things here and there but it's so hard..............I keep remembering.

AngelclaudArtroom, SeatroutScraps, GingerScrapsAdTeam, SnickerdoodleDesigns, & Bright Ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I've got stuff to do and am trying to keep it together for Gabe because he doesn't know anything. He's 5...too young to truly understand and he already tries to convince me everyday that he wants to stay at home. I so wish I could make that happen. I've got to get busy making that bubble I'm going to put him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki View Post
    ....trying to go about doing things here and there but it's so hard..............I keep remembering.

3. Likes Neverland Scraps liked this post
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

Barbara I continue to pray for you. It's surely is so hard when you have to continue for Gabe.

AngelclaudArtroom, SeatroutScraps, GingerScrapsAdTeam, SnickerdoodleDesigns, & Bright Ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

The mall shooting happened 30 minutes from my home, in "our mall." I was shocked and horrified. Now this. I'm really struggling to keep my eyes dry. I had a really hard time bringing my son to kindergarten today. I am in Pacific Standard Time, and my son is in the afternoon class so I kept hugging and trying to cuddle him before school. Good thing he didn't mind. I didn't tell him what happened. I did tell him I heard something that made me really sad. I wasn't the only kindergarten parent with red eyes at drop off.

Barbara, I was thinking about you today. I'm glad that you and your family are safe.

6. Thanks nutsaboutgabe thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm shaken to my core over this tragedy. My children are grown, thankfully, but I have four beautiful grandchildren ranging in age from 2-1/2 to 17. I keep thinking over and over about them, praying for their safety, and then praying for all those in Connecticutt who are going through agony right now. The parents and grandparents, brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles and cousins, friends and neighbors of those who lost a child today, and also for the loved ones of the principal and teachers who died.

There's no point in asking, "Why?" because those of us in our right minds will never understand what that young man was thinking when he took those guns to the Sandy Hook school. That's just it ... he wasn't thinking ... he was deranged at that moment ... but, why, Dear God, why did he take his misery out on little children? Why?

I can't stop crying ... such a senseless, cowardly act ...

Post Thanks / Like

Amy - I am sure the mall isn't anywhere you want to go anytime soon. There isn't a safe place left in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyP View Post
    The mall shooting happened 30 minutes from my home, in "our mall." I was shocked and horrified. Now this. I'm really struggling to keep my eyes dry. I had a really hard time bringing my son to kindergarten today. I am in Pacific Standard Time, and my son is in the afternoon class so I kept hugging and trying to cuddle him before school. Good thing he didn't mind. I didn't tell him what happened. I did tell him I heard something that made me really sad. I wasn't the only kindergarten parent with red eyes at drop off.

Barbara, I was thinking about you today. I'm glad that you and your family are safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nutsaboutgabe View Post
    Amy - I am sure the mall isn't anywhere you want to go anytime soon. There isn't a safe place left in the world.
    My friend and I were just there a few days before having coffee and walking around the mall visiting. It was heart breaking to see the mall Santa, a symbol of magic for children, evacuating in fear. My baby sat on that Santa's lap. A couple at our church were there in lock down while it happened and witnessed a bunch of scary stuff. They survived, but they are affected for ever. It feels so horrible to say "thankfully ONLY two people were killed."

I think we need to make sure our children feel safe. I think we need to allow them to grow up with tremendous hope. In reality there really isn't a safe place in the world, but there are still lots and lots of good people in the world. We need to communicate this to our kids. It is essential that we make sure they grow up with lots of hope in their hearts. My kids are little so I didn't tell them about these events at the mall or in CT. It will be a challenge to help them feel safe and hopeful as they get older and they start to hear these kinds of things from others.

After school yesterday a few kindergarten parents joined together as the kids played on the playground. It was beautiful to see them playing without a care in the world. The parents were all heavy hearted and still in emotional shock. Watching them run around and act crazy was therapeutic. As we were leaving we looked up in the sky and there was a beautiful rainbow. It strengthened my resolve to raise my boys with hope for the future. I don't want them to inherit "the world is a scary place, there is no hope" mentality. Children deserve to feel there is hope for their future and that the world they live in still produces beauty and goodness.

Thank you all for allowing me to unload a little bit of what is in my heart. Like all of you, I'm struggling with this.

*Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

This is all so hard too read. Always after something horrid like this, comes the personal story of each and everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having a difficult time as well. Been crying a lot. It didn't happen in NJ but I do work in an elementary school so I keep thinking it could have been our school. I even work in the office from time to time and buzz people in. But I also work outside and it's not fenced where I work so people walk freely around the school all the time. So scary. My children all know what happened because I had the news on and they kept asking me why I was crying. Those poor families who lost their children I can't imagine the pain they are feeling.

Post Thanks / Like

My heart is heavy as well - it is unimaginable ... every time I woke up during the night I immediately thought of the families in CT and said a little prayer - today while getting groceries I couldn't help but notice the youngsters with their parents ... the way it should be ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast