Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ricki is online now *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default My prayers for everyone in Connecticut.

This is so awful and my heart goes out to all

Angelclaud Artroom, Seatrout Scraps, GingerScrapsAdTeam, Snickerdoodle Designs, & Bright Ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My prayers for everyone in Connecticut.

same here...when our family found out, before the girls were allowed to eat lunch, we sat down and prayed for all the families going through this horrible tragedy. Such a sad day for many who were involved in this terrible shooting
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in CT myself and I know exactly where this town is. My heart is breaking. I've been crying all day. It's hitting too close to home for me.

My boss lives 2 miles from the school, but his girls are older and at a different schools. Another co-worker of mine lived right across the street from the school growing up.

I have a kindergartner at a different school/different town. Gabe is in Newington, but Sandy Hook, where the shooting occurred, is a suburb of Newtown -- way too close of a name. My younger sister sent me a text just asking what is the name of my son's soon because she obviously saw the news, but didn't want to freak me out right off the bat...but I had already been following the news.

Right now and I so just want to go get him out of school and never let him out of my site.

Post Thanks / Like

Barbara, I thought about you and your son when I saw this on the news. I knew you were in CT.
    I'm praying for everyone affected by this. And to be honest, I live in TX and this still feels "too close to home" to me. {{{HUGS}}}
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

5. Thanks nutsaboutgabe thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It's overload...my heart can't fathom this kind of event...and I don't even know anyone there. Prayers to ALL!!

guess I'm a tad late

Post Thanks / Like

OMG...as its come out it seems it was mostly kindergarten students. i just have not been this emotional in a long time.

i have a thought for the 'powers that be' here at GS.

someone else is doing a variation...but what about doing a BONUS challenge...no big prizes or anything (unless someone has a mini they'd want to share but not necessary) if not u can use any kit u want or your rules (just thinking out loud here) to do journaling LO's on this horrific event. about your feelings, about your own kids, sending prayers whatever...just a release and then post on the blog to share with others.

just like i said only my thoughts but maybe you wonderful ladies can come up with something

guess I'm a tad late

Ricki is online now *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team
    *Snickerdoodle*
    *GingerScraps Ad Team

Post Thanks / Like

Barbara my prayers for you and you family!

We saw the news and it is so heartbreaking. I call it 'terror' and even though in our country this never has happened, I certainly can relate to the horror. The horrendous feeling of the unknown. And to know these things happen in schools is beyond logic.

So sad, so senseless. And such young children, the heart cries.

Angelclaud Artroom, Seatrout Scraps, GingerScrapsAdTeam, Snickerdoodle Designs, & Bright Ideas.

9. Thanks nutsaboutgabe thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nutsaboutgabe View Post
    I'm in CT myself and I know exactly where this town is. My heart is breaking. I've been crying all day. It's hitting too close to home for me.

My boss lives 2 miles from the school, but his girls are older and at a different schools. Another co-worker of mine lived right across the street from the school growing up.

I have a kindergartner at a different school/different town. Gabe is in Newington, but Sandy Hook, where the shooting occurred, is a suburb of Newtown -- way too close of a name. My younger sister sent me a text just asking what is the name of my son's soon because she obviously saw the news, but didn't want to freak me out right off the bat...but I had already been following the news.

Right now and I so just want to go get him out of school and never let him out of my site.
    Barb, you were exactly who I thought of. I knew there was someone here, at GS, in CT!

11. Thanks nutsaboutgabe thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

When my kids came home, the first thing I did was explain to them what happened. I didn't want them to hear about it from the news.
    I couldn't get through it without crying. My amazing daughter wrapped her arms around me, and then my son. I'm so thankful that both my kids came home safe, sound, and that all of the kids, no matter how much they annoy me, in the complex did as well.

Post Thanks / Like

It's truly very sad and my heart goes out to all the parents, children, and community of CT. I am glad to hear that you are ok Barbara. *hugs*

I hate school shootings, well I hate any shooting, but ESPECIALLY school shooting. They are CHILDREN !!!! Why would anybody want to harm them?!!! Especially that this is an elementary school with such young children.

It's such a sad day.

14. Thanks nutsaboutgabe thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast