Post Thanks / Like

Default All Other Fiction

If you have Fiction to recommend but nowhere to put it, jot it down here!

Previous Recommendations:

Winter Kill: War With China Has Already Begun
    The Handmaid's Tale
    Hand Me Down World by Lloyd Jones
    Cold Lonely Courage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: All Other Fiction

GingerScraps is online now Survivor *Digi-County Fair* Host
    The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*
    Designer and Owner of GingerScraps

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't quite sure which category to put these in.. but these are both great books!

Liesl & Po - By Lauren Oliver - This is a book that you can read to your kids... but you will also enjoy as well

Liesl lives in a tiny attic bedroom, locked away by her cruel stepmother. Her only friends are the shadows and the mice—until one night a ghost named Po appears from the darkness.

That same evening, an alchemist's apprentice named Will makes an innocent mistake that has tremendous consequences for Liesl and Po, and it draws the three of them together on an extraordinary journey.

From New York Times bestselling author Lauren Oliver comes a luminous novel that glows with rare magic, ghostly wonders, and a true friendship that lights even the darkest of places.

And
    Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend: A Novel - by Matthew D.icks (I had to type it that way due to the forum censorship- lol) - This book is so sweet, It is something your kids will love as well, but there are a few "F-words" so if you read it out loud to them you may want to change that word. My 12 year old son loved it though, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Imaginary friend Budo narrates this heartwarming story of love, loyalty, and the power of the imagination—the perfect read for anyone who has ever had a friend . . . real or otherwise

Budo is lucky as imaginary friends go. He's been alive for more than five years, which is positively ancient in the world of imaginary friends. But Budo feels his age, and thinks constantly of the day when eight-year-old Max Delaney will stop believing in him. When that happens, Budo will disappear.

Max is different from other children. Some people say that he has Asperger’s Syndrome, but most just say he’s “on the spectrum.” None of this matters to Budo, who loves Max and is charged with protecting him from the class bully, from awkward situations in the cafeteria, and even in the bathroom stalls. But he can’t protect Max from Mrs. Patterson, the woman who works with Max in the Learning Center and who believes that she alone is qualified to care for this young boy.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my, I have so many to recommend. I do a lot of historical fiction so many of these are historical books.

I'll be Seeing You by Suzanne Palmieri-Hayes and Loretta Nyhan
    The Promise of Stardust by Priscilla Sibley
    The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Phillip Sendker
    The Help by Kathryn Stockett
    Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
    Snowflower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
    These is My Words by Nancy E. Turner
    One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus
    Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
    Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler
    The House Girl by Tara Conklin
    Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline