Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default We're Back!!! :)

I know I totally let the Book Club tread water until it sank the past few months, and for that I'm sorry. But, the Fall semester of school (on top of other issues, which are too boring to bother discussing) just knocked me down! If I've learned anything these past few months, though, it's that my sanity does a MUCH better job of sticking around when I have a good book to dive into.

So I'm throwing open the library doors and warming up the check card (and logging into my Barnes and Noble account) and diving head first into lots of GREAT books during 2013. Who's with me?!

Here's a quick run down of the important happenings each month, for those new book lovers joining us, or for those who need a quick reminder of the fun:

On the 1st of each month, we'll start reading our official Good Bookin' Book Club for the month. Around the 7th of each month, I'll start the official monthly discussion thread in THIS FORUM. This will give us the opportunity to quickly discuss our thoughts, feelings, and opinions of the book as we read along.

The 15th or so of each month, I'll post the current month's Scrap Your Read Challenge in THIS FORUM. This fun challenges allows you to combine your love of books with your love of scrapping for an opportunity to win a $5 gift card to either Amazon or Barnes & Noble!

Also, on the 15th or so of each month, I'll post a poll in THIS FORUM so that we can vote on the next month's official book club book. Those polls will close the last day of each month (though, normally, you can get a good idea for which book we'll be reading if case you're interested in getting a head start).

Also, toward the end of each month, I'll host a Book Club Chat so that we have a chance to really discuss that month's book (and maybe even share our excitement for the book picked for the next month). A little Q&A, and a whole lot of fun! (Please be sure to vote for your preferred chat time in THIS POLL!)

I hope you enjoy the new & improved Book Club and look forward to our first book of the new year!

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Wants? Needs? Bribes? Let me have 'em! Comment below, or feel free to PM me at ANY time!
    Happy Reading!!!

2. Thanks SandyPie, mamaape thanked for this post
    Likes SandyPie, mamaape liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: We're Back!!! :)

I love to read JoyLynn and I'm definitely in! Love the wonderful ideas you've planned out!

Post Thanks / Like

Yah, thanks Angela! Hope to see you around this forum a good bit!

trina513 is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

So I blame you for my not having anything good to read in a few months ;) (only teasing) but I look forward to this starting up again!!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

6. Likes Colleen, BlueHeartScraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hahahah, Trina. I'll gladly take the blame if it ensures you join us in January! ;)

8. Likes trina513, Colleen liked this post
    scrapjrlgcp is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

I would love to get back into reading..i have not picked up a book since the little one was born four months ago, and would love a good reason to read

10. Likes trina513, BlueHeartScraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, this sounds like good fun, indeed. I have a question: Has the book for the 1st of January been chosen, or do we vote, or do we nominate good reads, what? How does this start ... or restart, as the case may be?
    Thanks for any help - as you can tell, this is my first time combining reading and scrapping - two activities I absolutely enjoy the best!

12. Likes BlueHeartScraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

No problem, hun! I'm glad you're excited about joining me...reading a great book is always more fun when there's someone to talk about it with!

missdamsel is online now *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*

Post Thanks / Like

WOOOT! Now I can FINALLY finsh that last book we started, What Alice Forgot! YES i am still reading it!! lol

15. Likes BlueHeartScraps liked this post
    GingerScraps is offline Survivor *Digi-County Fair* Host
    The Queen
    *GingerBread Lady*
    Designer and Owner of GingerScraps

Post Thanks / Like

17. Likes mdcampy liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast