Post Thanks / Like

Default Audibles - Freebies, Deals & Recommends

Are you a fan of listening to books instead of reading them? (If so, I'm incredibly jealous -- I don't get enough quiet time to listen to anything, lol) I must admit, though, I know many book lovers - and they all say that sometimes, the experience of "listening" to a book is so much better than "reading" it.

Signing up with audible.com allows you to use your amazon.com account to download audio books to listen to at your convenience. Even better? No need to put a good book down! You move from cooking to running to commuting, and now your book can, too: switch back and forth between the Kindle version and the Audible audiobook without ever losing your place.

Find any great audio books and/or audio book deals you want to share with us?

Here's a few recommended by WendyBird:

My favorite audiobooks are:
    The Help (Octavia Spencer who just won the Oscar for Minny also narrates the part)
    Southern Vampire Series (Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood)
    Water for Elephants
    The Hunger Games series
    World War Z
    Dean Koontz's Frankenstein series (the first 3. They switched narrators for 4 & 5 and they're not near as good)

My 13 yo DS also loves to listen with me. Our faves to listen to together are:
    Ender's Game
    Ender's Shadow
    Percy Jackson & the Olympians series
    The Bartimaeus Trilogy
    Artemis Fowl series
    Skullduggery Pleasant series

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Audibles - Freebies, Deals & Recommends

We love audio books!!
    We really like the narrator Luke Daniels we have listened to all the books by Neal Shusterman books, and totally enjoy the narration by Luke Daniels!

My son just finished listening to The Hobbit (he has read the book too) but wanted to listen to it again before we went to the movie. He loved the audio book!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Audibles - Freebies, Deals & Recommends

I love listening to audio books in the car!

I have really enjoyed the Harry Potter series.

It's kid friendly, so it's about one of the only books I can listen to since my kids are always with me! lol