Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who gets your Christmas/holiday card?

So, I printed up my holiday card--used Persnickety for the first time and I LOVE THEM. They will be getting all of my print orders from now on. (DON'T FORGET TO USE THE COUPON HERE AT GS!)
    Oh jeez, I'm sorry, I got off track. What was I saying? Oh yes, I printed my card and pulled out my list of Card Recipients. And it made me think about how I love sending out my personally designed holiday card to everyone on the list except a few people. I send cards out to those who send ME a holiday card. If I don't get a card from you in 2 years, then you're off my list. The exception? Well, a few people, like my grandpa--he's 91 and I'm not going to give him grief if he forgets to mail out Christmas cards. But the person who it actually annoys me to send a card? DH's aunt. She doesn't send us a holiday card, so I stopped sending her one a few years ago...but she got pissed when we didn't send her a card. Well, hello! If you aren't going to send me a quick "Merry Christmas!" then why should I send you one? But, we got a call from MIL saying that Aunt was annoyed, so now she gets one. But I do it out of annoyance. I guess I'm a Grinch.
    So what's your rule--who gets your holiday card? (Or do you not send one at all? Or, am I crazy for being such a party pooper about who gets one? lol)
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Who gets your Christmas/holiday card?

Sara i'll make your day! absolutely NO ONE gets one. i have made beautiful digital cards...i have hand crafted individual cards for family and friends... not only do we NOT get cards...we don't even get a thanks or how wonderful all the time u put in it. i save the money for me now Yep...I'm the Grinch!

guess I'm a tad late

trina513 is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

I've been struggling w/ this lately - we send out a TON of cards - (and with postage now $0.44 - it gets expensive in a hurry!!), and we don't get that many - so I've been tempted to do the same philosophy - to send to only those who send to us....it would sure save a lot of money - but then I feel guilty...why? I have no idea! Like you said - they don't take the time to send one to us - why should I to them?

Although this year - I'm cheating - I have yet to send out Isaac's birth announcement (I even printed them - just havent mailed them out! LOL), so I have his birth announcement, his thank you, Evan's thank yous (his party was in nov - I have to make them yet - but going to order them at the same time as I order my cards - which are done), and the christmas card and letter, to all go in one envelope - hopefully it's not over for postage - but even if its a bit over - still cheaper than sending them all out individually!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

4. Likes Tree City, Colleen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I only send cards to those relatives that get our boy's school photos. We put the school photo in the Christmas card since I want to mail out the school photos anyways. I do send a card to a couple close friends that I've known since I was a kid.

prettyingreen is online now *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

well if i manage to make one lol, friends and family will get one if i can hand it to them, i am so bad with the mail lol

Post Thanks / Like

i am putting my first batch of cards in the mail today! when i say "batch", i mean these are the people that i already have addresses for (mostly family and close friends). i usually have forgotten someone, as my address list seems to get misplaced every year! UGH! so if i get a card from some one not on my list, i will add them and send them a card. i ordered 75 cards and sending about 50 today.

Post Thanks / Like

75 cards?! I ordered 30 cards. But DH and I each have small extended families, so maybe the idea of 75 cards seems high simply because there aren't that many people in our family, unless you count great aunts/second cousins/etc. (And I don't think I could name half of those people lol, let alone know their addresses.)
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately yes 75 and probably all 75 will het mailed. I might have five left over if I'm lucky. My husband's family is very large. lots of cousins who all just got married and moved out of the house so those are extra addresses this year.

trina513 is offline *Staff* Survivor *Digi-County Fair*
    Am I the Ultimate Scrapping Survivor?
    *Lead GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah we probably do about 75 as well :p
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I guess I just send one to everyone in my address book whether they send one back or not. I've never even thought about crossing people off who dont send cards in return. I just know a lot of my people in the address book, I dont have contact with via online and that's the only way they hear from me, especially since I am so horrible about writing snail mail in general.

The only exception is when I get undelievered mail in return. I whiteout their address in my book and hope they somehow, someday, send me an updated address so I can continue to send them cards each year.
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

12. Likes MSPeeler, trina513 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast