Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Not your typical Elf On The Shelf Family

Thanks for the link Francine I think is a nice tradition.

Store | Blog | Newsletter | Facebook | Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to do this with the kids, but we couldn't find one that would ship to the UK in time, so I had to get a bit insane lol. I used an online service to send a free text message to my phone from the elf. He told the kids that he had slipped on the ice at the North Pole and broke his leg so he wouldn't be able to visit them for Christmas, but once they gave him a name he would try his best to still make their Christmas magical. They decided to name him Candy Cane and had a lot of fun texting back and forth to my phone. Once he got his magic he told them to listen for sleigh bells when he did something magical for them. It was hilarious watching them when they heard sleigh bells playing on my phone (I downloaded an app lol) and received a message saying check the cupboards and they found Lego advent calendars in the kitchen cupboard although the oldest one shrieked so loud he woke up the baby lol. The best part was watching them when the next text said "seeing your reaction when you got your present really cheered me up" . The elf hasn't done anything today because we have been out shopping and decorated the tree but I have a few things planned for tomorrow while Hubby is at work. Hugs Crystal xx

Proud CT for Jen C Designs, Mad Genius Designs, Moments Scrapped and Little Bit Shoppe Designs.
    *Credits: Siggy's April by Little Bit Shoppe Designs and Springy Garden by Jen C Designs and Twin Mom Scraps*

3. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

OMG Crystal...that is hilarious and precious...wtg MOM!!!

guess I'm a tad late

prettyingreen is online now *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lukasmummy View Post
    I wanted to do this with the kids, but we couldn't find one that would ship to the UK in time, so I had to get a bit insane lol. I used an online service to send a free text message to my phone from the elf. He told the kids that he had slipped on the ice at the North Pole and broke his leg so he wouldn't be able to visit them for Christmas, but once they gave him a name he would try his best to still make their Christmas magical. They decided to name him Candy Cane and had a lot of fun texting back and forth to my phone. Once he got his magic he told them to listen for sleigh bells when he did something magical for them. It was hilarious watching them when they heard sleigh bells playing on my phone (I downloaded an app lol) and received a message saying check the cupboards and they found Lego advent calendars in the kitchen cupboard although the oldest one shrieked so loud he woke up the baby lol. The best part was watching them when the next text said "seeing your reaction when you got your present really cheered me up" . The elf hasn't done anything today because we have been out shopping and decorated the tree but I have a few things planned for tomorrow while Hubby is at work. Hugs Crystal xx

i LOVE THIS!!! what a great idea!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234