Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Not your typical Elf On The Shelf Family

I ordered elves for my kid's families and one for us to since everybody seems to have such great layouts. I can't wait for mine to arrive.

missdamsel is offline *Site Manager
    *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Scrapping Survivor - Digi-County Fair - WINNER! {staff}

Post Thanks / Like

I could NOT find elves today!! Dang! Should have bought extras last year!!

Post Thanks / Like

We started the tradition this year on Thanksgiving. Aidan stayed overnight at a friends house and his friend had one and Aidan was absolutely amazed. Well as soon as I opened up the box Alex my 7 year old touched the elf's head and oh my gosh Aidan who is 9 years old had a total meltdown, because you are not suppose to touch the elf or he loses his magic so like I said Aidan was on the floor crying and absolutely hysterical. So I told him that we hadn't officially adopted him yet so it would be fine but he wouldn't take that for an answer so I had to google what to do if your elf is touched and how to get the magic back. So it said to sprinkle some cinnamon which is like a vitamin and he would get his magic back. I had a friend mention to me to use a cinnamon stick then it will always be there lol. Alex I think could care less about the elf but Aidan is a true believer. The boys named him Leo.

I hope this photo doesn't offend anybody ;)

Day 1

In the apple pie

Day 2

Day 3

4. Likes trina513, Neverland Scraps liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

i am soooooooooooooo outta the loop...other than some scrap kits and here i have NEVER heard of this...old age sucks!

guess I'm a tad late

Post Thanks / Like

Where do you get the "generic" ones??

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine off Amazon --- about $15 each

8. Thanks MSPeeler thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have y'all seen the inappropriate elf on the shelf?

Now THAT'S my kind of elf!

10. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

We dont have an elf because we dont celebrate Santa, so it defeats the purpose of an elf telling Santa whether the kids are good or bad. But my oldest has a bear that she has humanized. When she's naughty, she blames him that he made her do it. While she was at camp, she left her bear at home (for the first time, he goes everywhere with her). When we picked her up, I told her how naughty the bear was, even taking photos of him being naughty like brushing his teeth with her toothbrush, all the way to playing with some of her other toys. She loved hearing the stories and has asked if her bear will be doing naughty things this Christmas. She wants him to, I just haven't done it yet, get a candycane with a string attached, fishing for goldfish in the toilet. I have the goldfish, just not the candycanes!! Everyone knows its Mama who does this stuff with her bear, but the girls are always suggesting ideas and its so much fun!!

Every year, probably for the last four years, we've talked about getting an elf, but since he's seasonal and her bear is everyday, we might just keep her bear as long as he's "healthy" enough to continue the mischeif.
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

12. Likes nutsaboutgabe, Colleen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacque View Post
    i am soooooooooooooo outta the loop...other than some scrap kits and here i have NEVER heard of this...old age sucks!
    I took the following from this site:
    http://www.elfontheshelf.com/AboutUs/TheTradition.aspx

The tradition begins when Santa sends his scout elves out to Elf Adoption Centers. Waiting for their families to bring them home, these patient elves hibernate until their family reads The Elf on the Shelf, gives their elf a very special name, and registers their adoption online. Once named, each scout elf will receive its Christmas magic and become a part of the family’s Christmas each and every year.

Excellent listeners and even better observers, these scout elves are the eyes and ears of Santa Claus. Although they cannot be touched, or else they may lose their magic, the elf will always listen and relay messages back to Santa. Taking in all the day-to-day activities around the house, no good deed goes unnoticed; these scout elves take their job seriously.

Each night, after the family goes to bed, the scout elf uses his magical Christmas powers to fly back to the North Pole. Once there, the elf will make his or her daily report to Santa and visit with elf friends where they will tell stories about their beloved families, play with the reindeer, and of course, sneak some of Mrs. Claus’ cookies!

Before the family awakes each morning, their special scout elf will fly back to their home from the North Pole. However, since these elves like to play games, don’t expect to find them in the same spot! While some like to hide in the freezer (probably because it reminds them of the North Pole) and others prefer to sit on the fireplace mantle or hang from the chandelier, these elves love to play hide-and-seek with their families.

On Christmas Eve, the scout elf will listen for Santa’s bell and then fly back to the North Pole until the next season, wishing every girl and each boy a Christmas of peace and a year full of joy.
    I can't get photobucket to work.
    You know my name
    Neverland Scraps AKA: Wendy

14. Likes Colleen liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

OMG how fun!!!!! just me and DH so not as fun...i need grandbabies LOL (REALLY JK) they may be OLD enuff but none are ready but wish this had been around while they were younger thanks for the info

guess I'm a tad late

16. Likes Neverland Scraps liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast