Post Thanks / Like

Default When you have a layout, and your pictures, but can't find the right papers/elements

I have the template and all the photos placed. I've tried 4 different kit papers and am not loving any of it. What do you do to find what works?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: When you have a layout, and your pictures, but can't find the right papers/elemen

That's a really good question. Sometimes I will go SHOPPING! Other times, I will try to look at a color in the photos that I can pull from and then do a search through my stash. Lastly, I will keep going with some that I am "ok" with, and often when I am done, it will turn out WAY better than I expected. Not sure that helps, but maybe it will give you some ideas.

3. Thanks gethane thanked for this post
    Likes trina513, Tree City liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: When you have a layout, and your pictures, but can't find the right papers/elemen

I'm like Suzanne: I'll keep scrapping even if I don't love the papers. Then, as I add elements, I'll look at the papers again. Sometimes, I'll realize that the papers look better once elements are in place (I usually start with my pictures, then the papers next as I think they're my LO's "foundation"--both in colors and in literal placement of papers--and then I add elements). Sometimes I'll want a red element on a mostly blue and yellow page--that'll make me realize that I need a paper with some red in it. So then I just search my kits for the right paper. Sometimes I find it, sometimes I HAVE to go shopping for it. lol!
    And sometimes, I just close that LO and start a new one (or close PS and take a break). I'm a big believer in the idea that your brain works on problems even when distracted by something else, so it's best to take a break sometimes. Let your brain stew on the problem for a bit.
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

5. Thanks gethane thanked for this post
    Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guess I'm a tad late

7. Thanks gethane thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I do what Sara does. I swear, I change papers SO much after I place the elements. Even sometimes the papers don't work, but it works better with the papers I end up keeping than any others I changed.

9. Thanks gethane thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the sympathy and suggestions. I finally found something. Hurray!

11. Likes trina513, Tree City, dodgeladee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I usually keep working - and add elements - sometimes that really ties them all together! If I'm still struggling - I share with my friend who has fresh eyes and always wonderful suggestions (Yay Colleen! ;) tee hee)

So - SHARE! I want to see what you found worked!!!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

I had been trying the more traditional blue/sand type of beach colors but it wasn't working. So I tried a bright spring-like kit and it worked much better. I haven't quite got the hang of linking pictures, especially since I almost always do double layouts. Here's my gallery It's the Santa Cruz/March layout.

http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/show...ername=gethane

Thanks for asking! Everyone here has been so helpful and pleasant.

14. Likes trina513 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I make my folder of papers smaller so it can be seen over my PSE (usually move it to where the palettes are) so I can see my layout and the folder of files at the same time and scroll through them looking for what matches.

Try a plain textured paper instead of a print as you can also use the sliders to tweak the color to match your photos to get a jump start on the page.

16. Thanks gethane thanked for this post