Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Christmas Shopping

i really like Amazon. i live in a small town and no matter what i want i seem to find it on there cheaper then what i could here in town or on most other web sites and the free shipping helps.
    http://gallery.gingerscraps.net/data/816/medium/march_siggy2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

well...to start...no grandkids and 4 grown boys so can't help on American Girls (but do know what they r)

age is SUCH a huge thing but when mine were younger Toys R' Us online clearance is awesome. we got a set a few years back of lazor guns (2 pk) originally $100 and got them for $15 a pack. we were able to buy enuff for all 4 kids and a couple xtra for friends for less than half of one set. and they used them to death and didn't even know they wanted them LOL

i too love amazon and ebay BUT u must to comparison shopping (specially ebay) as not always the best

SECURITY NOTE; and there is a little keychain security thingy i ended up getting for ebay/paypal for $5...one works for both (mine was free for a reason) this is the BEST protection from being hacked. my ebay was hacked which had me selling stuff and then buying it and taking from my paypal. i got the money back after time. had to change ALL my bank accounts and paypal won't let u change your info other than password so i can no long use it. when u log in with this is gives u like 10 secs. to press the button and put in the number and then its no good. and i am HUGE on security and got hacked.

guess I'm a tad late

Post Thanks / Like

We are actually just buying the kids a couple of small toys. They have both been asking for Legos, so they are each getting a couple of small sets. I found some on Aamzon, so I can use my Swag Bucks! ;) We are also doing books for the stocking stuffers.

So instead of going crazy with toys, we are doing theme park and Medieval Times tickets. Family fun and memories instead of more toys to sit and take up space!! We have so many toys that just sit there and don't get played with around here. The kids are all excited to ask Santa for the theme park tickets too!

We don't exchange gifts with the adults in either of our families. In my family, we take a family every year with my parents and my brother and his family. ;)

In past years, I have bought presents throughout the year. I would grab them when they went on sale super cheap or on clearance! That made such a difference. It was also nice to have the spending spread out through the year! I kept a piece of paper with the toys with a running list of what I spent on them too, so I spent the same on each kid and didn't get crazy on my spending.

My daughter has one of the Target Our Generation girls too. She loves it, and I have been really happy with the quality. There are all sorts of accessories and clothes to go with them as well.
    Last edited by Colleen; 11-18-2012 at 10:26 PM.

4. Likes Lmsandt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Christmas shopping can be so dreadful and not because of the shopping itself, but the craziness in the stores. I always have good intentions of shopping ahead of time, but rarely ever do. I do comparison shop. I'm a little obsessive about it too. I rarely buy anything online unless I'm getting a % off or free shipping.

Gabe made a list and I have to laugh because most of it isn't real stuff. It's stuff he makes up and wished existed. We're not getting any big electronic type things for him this year, but he'll be plenty happy with what he does get A few of the things I'm getting him are carpet skates, more board games (the two I picked up are Parcheesi and Stone Soup - these will give us a break from Lost Puppies, Trouble and Sorry!!), a chemistry set and a analog watch since he always wants to know what time it is!

We do exchange with family and I really wish we wouldn't but my family isn't willing to give that up. I did get them to agree to setting somewhat of a limit though.

John and I don't surprise each other with anything...but we do pick something to put under the tree (mostly because Gabe asks what we are going to ask Santa for).

prettyingreen is online now *GingerBread Lady*
    *Designer: Pretty in Green Designs
    *Winner of Scrpping Survivor- Season 2

Post Thanks / Like

i try to do lots of shopping around to try to find the best price, and we've begun shopping early it helps with the pain lol, altho when we shop early it seems like the kids end up with more because i forget what i already picked up for them.

Post Thanks / Like

amazingly, my kids haven't really asked for anything huge. I haven't even started shopping for Christmas yet! It is hard shopping for them because ones at the beginning of Nov. and the mine and the youngest bday is Dec. 15th.

I would try e-bay for the american girl clothes!

Post Thanks / Like

We have things on layaway at Walmart & Toys R Us
    $100 Lego & $50 Lego sets at both (one of each)

TRU has hte expensive lego set for Madi & Walmart has it for Ethan

Otherwise, that's about all we're doing :/
    They cut the OT this year, and that cuts into free spending.

Post Thanks / Like

I also started about a month ago and I am having the same problem as Rachel! I made lists from the girls wish lists, but I have picked up misc stuff too. I am hiding stuff in every little place I can...ugh! I am going to make a list of what I have actually bought tho. Girls are mostly done but I have not bought for anyone else...lol!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12