Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello from Minnesota, USA

Hi, my name is Sandy. I grew up an Air Force brat mostly in the midwest, but went to 7 different elementary schools. I married an Air Force guy and a few years ago we finally left military life and beautiful Las Vegas to settle down as close to family as we could get, and ended up in Northern Minnesota, only a 8 hour drive from "home". When I'm not scrapbooking (that happens?!?) I am a SAHM to two boys, 13 & 9, and blushing bride to my dear Hubs of 7 years. And a Pinterest and Ancestory.com addict. We're a house full of animal lovers with 3 cats and 1 really large dog, who oddly enough thinks he's a cat, a 125 pound cat!

I have been scrapbooking for what seems like forever, mostly collecting memorabilia and paper scrap supplies, but I have paper commitment issues so I didn't get many pages done. (I have the same problem with yarn/fabric and planning the projects/quilts I will "make" with them.) I found digi scrap a few years ago and found I could use the graphics manipulation skills I'd learned working as an engraver in an awards, trophy and framing shop to create fun 3-d projects and cards with digital designs I could reuse again and again. (My favorite part!) After some encouragement from a couple of designers I CT for, I started selling my hybrid designs and 12x12 templates a few months ago at Zig Zag Scraps but after its unexpected closing Ginger was kind enough to offer me a spot here and so here I am.

I'm so excited to be here. And I'm more than a little embarrassed I haven't stopped in to say hi earlier. Our basement had some flooding a few months ago when our town got 9" of rain in a matter of a few hours and our little sump pump just couldn't keep up. So we've been working on gutting the basement and redoing to make a master bedroom "suite" and I'm not sure I had any idea how much work it would be. (HGTV makes it look so easy.) And before we get a freak snowstorm we've been trying to get as much done on the outside parts as we can.

I look forward to meeting you all, I definitely need a new "digihome" and GS looks like a great place to hang out. I've been cruising the galleries and there are some fantastic hybrid projects and layouts in there!!! I'm going to be doing a hybrid CT call soon so if anyone is interested, take a swing through my shop and get your applications ready!! (or heck, pm me now let me know you're interested.)

2. Likes trina513, Ricki liked this post
    emscraps is online now *GingerBread Girl*
    *GingerScraps Site Creative Team
    *Sugar Cookie*
    *GingerScraps Praise Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hello from Minnesota, USA

HI Sandy!! I enjoyed reading your intro, very exciting!! I felt as if I'm right there in front of you while talking!
    Can't wait to get to know you better and the chronicles of your basement/suite!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sandy!! Glad you're making yourself home here at GS! I grew up in MN as well - what part of northern MN are you living in? Someday I hope to move back to MN!
    I am probably neglecting housework so I can be here... My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sandy - I love your design name...very cute! Your hybrid goodies on your blog are adorable! Welcome to GS.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sandy! Love your intro! Glad you've joined the GS team.
    Pinterest Twitter
    Siggy created with GS's Dia de los Muertos Monthly Mix

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sandy! What a great intro! I am from MN too. What part of Northern MN? I don't know that we will ever move back to MN though. ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi sandi, welcome to Gs i'm sure you will meet awesome people there

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sandy! I loved your intro! I can't wait to see all your designs!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! I love your items and you and I have a lot in common... house full of animals, addicted to pinterest and Ancestory.com. I hope you find gingerscraps as homey as I have. Welcome!
    Last edited by kelin; 11-30-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    Regards,
    Linda (kelin)

Believe!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to gs, so happy to have you join us.

Proudly Creating for
    Ginger Scraps CT - Connie Prince - Luv Ewe - Little Rad Trio
    Amy Martin - Lynne-Marie - Sas Designs
    Guesting for Kaye Winiecki

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast