Saturday MIDNIGHT EST SS with MamaCake (HINT inside)
I'm hosting my first speed scrap ever! AND, I wanted to give you a little hint about it
Ya'll know how a speed scrap works right? The host gives out steps to creating a LO every ten minutes for an hour and within an additional hour you must have a completed layout! Well, I love to participate in SS but the most stressful part for me is not knowing what pictures and kit I want to use until a few of the instructions are given! Let's eliminate that stress, shall we?
For the SS that I will be hosting at MIDNIGHT EST on Saturday, I am challenging you to scrap some before and after pictures! Think, haircuts, lost teeth, projects, remodeling, change in season or even change over time - such as your child's first Christmas vs. most recent. As for the number of pics, I only used two, one for before and one for after, but I LOVE multi pic LOs and two pics is rare for me, so I understand(and left room) if you want more
K! Now you have plenty of time to pick out your before and after pictures and decide what kit you want to use! You'll be all ready to meet me MIDNIGHT EST on Saturday either in the chat room or right here, right?!
(I will update this first post with instructions at the SS progresses)
I just found the prize you will be receiving if you participate in my speed scrap!!
Here it is!
Everyone who completes a LO by Sunday noon will get the Alpha. If you see Rachel of Pretty in Green around, tell her thanks!!
1. Place one paper as your background paper. Use two more papers and stack them together (twice) on either the right and the left or the top and the bottom half of your LO. This will total to 5 papers and make a split page LO. Make sure you mix solids and patterns!
2. Place your before pic(s) on the left or top half of your page and your after pic(s) on the right or bottom half. Put two paper blocks behind each photo
3. Cluster around your before photo(s) and then copy that cluster and rotate or flip it for the after photo(s). Tweak as necessary.
4. I love to fasten – stitch, staple, pin, button, tape, paper clip - it all! The paper stacks, the photos, the paper blocks, the clusters, go for it!
5. Time for some words. Add an arrow, flag, word strip or banner in each cluster and label on them ‘before’ and ‘after’. Then, title and journal down middle of the page, on the very background paper. Date where you like.
6. I want you to LOVE your LO, so add what pleases you or change things as desired, don’t forget shadows!
Here is my LO:
Last edited by MamaCake; 11-04-2012 at 04:05 AM.
Post Thanks / Like